Seasonal rains and flash floods continue to affect thousands of people and inflict damage on property across Sudan. By 26 September, almost 349,000 people had been affected, according to the...
OCHA - Situation Report - Highlights ()
- About 349,000 people have been affected by heavy rains and floods across the county. About 146 people have been killed and another 122 injured.
- Rains and floods have destroyed at least 24,800 homes and damaged another 48,200 homes in 16 out of the 18 states.
- Health partners have reached about 86,000 people affected by floods with health services.
- UNHCR warns of surging needs in Sudan amid skyrocketing prices and gaps in humanitarian funding.
- Sudan is facing a deepening hunger crisis as climate shocks, protracted conflict and skyrocketing food prices leave families struggling to afford basic food commodities – WFP
SITUATION OVERVIEW Heavy rains and flash floods have affected about 349,000 people across the country as of 22 September, according to the Government’s Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC), humanitarian...
This regular update, covering humanitarian developments from 1 July to 31 August, is produced by OCHA Sudan. The next humanitarian update will be issued in October 2022. HIGHLIGHTS Since the start of...