KABUL: After spending 38 days on the road, a number of Helmand Peace Convoy activists, who walked over 630kms to Kabul city, were on Monday treated by medics after arriving at Abdul Rahman Khan mosque in the capital.
Reporting from the scene, TOLOnews.com journalist Hayatullah Amanat said some of the activitists were in a bad shape when they arrived and were immediately treated by medics.
"Conscious of their responsibility before God and man, inspired by the determination to promote world peace as an equal partner in a united Europe … Basic Constitutional Law for the Federal Republic of Germany
Ce rapport a été produit par OCHA en collaboration avec les partenaires humanitaires. Il a été publié par le Sousbureau OCHA Bambari et couvre la période du 11 au 17 juin. Sur le plan géographique, il couvre les préfectures de la Ouaka, Basse Kotto, Haute Kotto, Mbomou, Haut-Mbomou et Vakaga.
Evaluation conjointe rapide de la situation humanitaire sur certains sites des déplacés à Bambari à la suite des multiples déplacements pendulaires dans la ville depuis mi-Mai 2018 ;
• As of 11 June, the Libyan National Army (LNA) is now reportedly in control of most areas of the eastern coastal city of Derna.
• Since 6 June, reportedly at least 2,272 households have been displaced from Derna to the baladiyas of Shahhat, Alqubba, Albayda, Umm Arrazam and Benghazi. Within Derna, at least 800 families have been displaced between neighbourhoods. Reportedly, as of 9 June, at least 160 families are being hosted in IDP shelters in schools inside the city.
Signature d’un plan d’action sur l’aide internationale et le développement durable (6 juin 2018)
Sensibilisation à la paix et réconciliation : les autorités coutumières de Djugu au centre de l’action.
Plus de 40 000 déplacés de Bule reçoivent une assistance en cash grâce au RRMP.
Aperçu de la situation
• Violence in Bangui results in more than 60 deaths and hundreds of injuries
• UN records 63 aid worker attacks in CAR since January
• The 2018 CAR humanitarian appeal was only 16 percent funded as of June 1
The escalation of fighting in Derna has reached unprecedented levels, due to the use of air raids and shelling, some of which are in residential areas, and heavy ground clashes.
At least five civilians have died since 22 May, including two children, and 11 have been injured, including four children, as a result of the increased hostilities.
29 MAY 2018
8270TH MEETING (PM)
The conflict in eastern Ukraine was not only alive — with 1.6 million people displaced and escalating violence — but it embodied a broader threat to the global rules‑based order, with tens of thousands ceasefire violations recorded in 2018, the Security Council heard today, as it considered the situation for the first time in 15 months.
8272ND MEETING (PM)
Events unfolding in and around Gaza marked the most serious escalation of violence since the 2014 conflict between Hamas and Israel, the Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process told the Security Council today, as he called for intensified pressure on Israelis and Palestinians to advance a just and sustainable peace.
• Infografía: Emergencias y eventos de violencia armada en Catatumbo
• Aumento de desplazamientos masivos, restricciones al acceso y acciones armadas en Antioquia y Nariño.
• Ataques contra civiles y emergencias por desastres naturales configuran doble afectación en Pacífico y Noroccidente.
La prevención como principal desafío
▪ Food insecurity to remain high in the lean season ▪ 278 Nigerian asylum seekers forced back from Cameroon ▪ Aid operations resume in Rann in north-east Nigeria ▪ Military operations underway around Lake Chad ▪ More than a thousand children abducted since 2013
EU and Indonesia highlight cooperation on Climate Change and Environment
Today (24/5), the Minister for National Development Planning H.E. Bambang Brodjonegoro, the Minister of Environment and Forestry H.E. Siti Nurbaya Bakar, and the EU Ambassador to Indonesia H.E. Vincent Guérend, jointly launched the EU-Indonesia Blue Book 2018, an annual report on EU-Indonesia development cooperation. The report demonstrates the success stories of development cooperation that the EU and its Member States provide to Indonesia.
• On 22 May, armed conflict escalated further in Derna, especially to the west of the city.
• Between 300 – 800 households have reportedly been displaced from Saida Khadija neighbourhood in the west as a result of the renewed conflict. A further 60 families have also been displaced from other neighbourhoods.
• There are periodic closures of checkpoints and therefore people are not always able to enter and exit Derna, restricting their movement.
Somalia continues to be characterized by migration flows, with internal displacement and irregular migration constituting major challenges. While the risk of famine in Somalia has declined, humanitarian needs remain at critical levels. An estimated 5.4 million people are in need of assistance, 2.1 million are internally displaced, and 1.2 million children are projected to be malnourished.
This statement is supported by: CAFOD, Christian Aid, Global One, Islamic Relief Worldwide, The Joint Learning Initiative on Faith & Local Communities, Muslim Charities Forum, The Lutheran World Federation, The Salvation Army International, World Evangelical Alliance, and World Vision
A global fund that provides rapid humanitarian aid for overlooked crises, is marking the second anniversary of the World Humanitarian Summit by sharing the impact of its 4th year, through its new annual report released today.
The Start Fund fills a critical gap in humanitarian financing. It pools funding from donors for immediate release for underfunded small to medium scale crises, spikes in chronic humanitarian crises, and to act in anticipation of impending crises.
Le présent rapport fait suite à la déclaration du Président du Conseil de sécurité du 25 novembre 2015 (S/PRST/2015/23). Il vient également donner suite à la demande formulée par le Conseil de sécurité dans sa résolution 2286 (2016) de mieux rendre compte de la protection apportée aux activités médicales en période de conflit armé.
El presente informe se ha preparado de conformidad con la solicitud contenida en la declaración de la Presidencia del Consejo de Seguridad de 25 de noviembre de 2015 (S/PRST/2015/23). También responde a la solicitud del Consejo, en su resolución 2286 (2016), de que se le presenten informes sobre la protección de la atención médica en los conflictos armados.
The present report is submitted pursuant to the request contained in the statement by the President of the Security Council of 25 November 2015 (S/PRST/2015/23). It also responds to the Council’s request, in its resolution 2286 (2016), for reporting on the protection of medical care in armed conflict.