Updates

Your gateway to all content to date. Search and/or drill down with filters to narrow down the content.

5 entries found
Sort by: Latest |Relevance
17 Dec 2015 description
report East-West Center

by H. Annamalai, Victoria Keener, Matthew J. Widlansky, and Jan Hafner

AsiaPacific Issues, No. 122

Summary

31 Dec 2007 description
report East-West Center

Abstract

This monograph examines the nature, extent, and causes of economic and social decline in Sri Lanka's Northern and Eastern Provinces-a region that has endured civil war between the Government of Sri Lanka and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) for the past quarter century.

23 Dec 2005 description
report East-West Center

HONOLULU (DEC. 23) - A total of US $506,978 has been contributed to the East-West Center Tsunami Relief Fund. The contributions have come from donations from the generous public and EWC alumni, through fund-raising activities conducted by the EWC and University of Hawaii students and staff, and school children in Hawaii and on the U.S. mainland. To date, 83 percent of the funds has been distributed. The remaining 17 percent is in the process of being dispersed to specified projects.

07 Jan 2005 description
report East-West Center

  • Pipeline Cafe Benefit Concert: Sunday, Jan. 9, 4-11 p.m., featuring 15 top Hawaii bands and performers. All donations will be contributed to the East-West Center Tsunami Relief Fund

30 Dec 2004 description
report East-West Center

TSUNAMI: This East-West Wire report includes pieces by East-West Center and Pacific Disaster Center specialists on a new information service for emergency managers as well as the political, economic, health, and environmental implications of the devastating tsunami that hit South and Southeast Asian nations.

1. DISASTER MITIGATION: