- 11.4 million children are at risk of of malnutrition, water shortages, lack of health services, child protection violations and disruption to their education
- 758,000 children under-five are at risk of death and irreversible damage without access to critical nutrition
- 7.6 million children are in need of water
- At least 3.4 million children are at risk of dropping out of school
Chiffres de planification 2017
50 000 Enfants déplacés, refugiés et retournés à assister dans des espaces protecteurs et ayant bénéficié d’un soutien psychosocial éducatif ludique et de socialisation.
3 700 EAFGA à prendre en charge et réunifier en familiale
2220 EAFGA à appuyer avec des activités de réintégration scolaire/ réintégration socioéconomique
1 200 Enfants séparés et non accompagnés à réunifier avec leurs familles/communautés
In Blue Nile, an intensive community mobilization campaign was conducted in newly accessible areas (mainly Alkali, Mangano and Turnasei localities) by the State Ministry of Health, UNICEF and partners. Some 3,101 children under 5 years were screened and 441 children were found with severe acute malnutrition. All children identified as acute malnutrition were enrolled into appropriate treatment programmes, while many of the severely malnourished children are in critical condition requiring immediate inpatient care.
Attacks by Boko Haram continued in the Diffa region on several villages. 11 people including 4 women and 4 children were arrested by Defense and security forces under suspicion of association with the violent extremist group.
UNICEF continued the planned NFI assistance to victims of floods, in support to the government, for 680 households of 22 villages of Maradi region. UNICEF overall NFI response to floods reached 5,330 households (36,152 people).
The United Nations Security Council extended the mandate of the UN peacekeeping mission, the Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission (MINUSCA), in the CAR until 15 November 2018. The mission's troop level was increased by 900 military personnel.
The Council reiterated its serious concerns over the "dire humanitarian situation" in the country because of the deteriorating security situation, and the lack of access for and attacks against relief workers.
• UNICEF has established 11 parenting rooms in health facilities of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts along the contact line. More than 7,000 children and their parents have benefited from these services.
• During the reporting period, UNICEF provided psychosocial support to over 13,700 children on both sides of the contact line in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
20th Nov, 2017: Food security needs are nearly double the five-year average in Somalia, with an estimated 2,444,000 people currently in Crisis (IPC Phase 3) and 866,000 in Emergency (IPC Phase 4). Widespread food insecurity is driven by three consecutive poor seasons that led to well below-average production and large-scale livestock losses, which have reduced household access to food and income (...)
Chad: The outbreak seems to be under control. As per the end of W48, only the Regional Health Delegation of Salamat reported few sporadic cases. Based on the sitreps available (accessible online under “Current Outbreaks/Chad”), as per W49, no new cases were reported.
Nigeria: Only 2 LGAs in North East Nigeria are reported the remaining cases (Guzamala and Monguno).
In South Sudan, “childhood under attack” as country enters fifth year of fighting
JUBA/NAIROBI, December 15 2017 - South Sudan is in the throes of a tragedy for children that affects more than half the child population - victims of malnutrition, disease, forced recruitment, violence and the loss of schooling - UNICEF said in a report released today.
Years of insecurity and upheaval have had a “staggering impact on children”, threatening an entire generation, the report, Childhood under Attack, says.
The numbers tell a grim story:
En appui au Programme Élargi de Vaccination (PEV) et grâce au financement de la Fondation Bill et Melinda Gates, le Fonds des Nations Unies pour l’Enfance (UNICEF) au Tchad a remis le 13 décembre, 133 réfrigérateurs solaires au Ministère de la Santé Publique. Un don d’une valeur de 1.040.679 de dollars.
CIUDAD DE PANAMÁ, 13 de diciembre de 2017 - Tres meses después de que dos huracanes de categoría 5, Irma y María, barrieran el Caribe causando víctimas mortales y daños generalizados, miles de niños y niñas siguen necesitando ayuda en toda la región.
• From 1 January to 31st October 2017, 65,412 severely malnourished children (83% of annual target) and 127,028 moderately malnourished children (65% of annual target) have been admitted for treatment.
• As catch-up campaign for children missed during the nurses’ strike, a total of 364,182 children received emergency health services during the reporting period.