PREFACE PAR LE COORDONNATEUR RESIDENT
Le Plan de Réponse humanitaire 2018 pour le Burundi vise à alléger les souffrances des populations affectées. Il a été préparé par la communauté humanitaire de manière participative et exhaustive, en consultation avec le Gouvernement du Burundi et les bailleurs de fonds, sur base des informations disponibles dont la collecte a été largement améliorée cette année.
Summary Key Points:
Qatar Charity Relief projects focus on supporting the affected people inside Syria, as the beneficiaries residing inside Syria reached 72% of the total beneficiaries living in Syria and countries of asylum.
Qatar Charity's humanitarian relief interventions for displaced Syrians increased significantly in 2017 compared with previous years, as the beneficiaries in this year amounted 28% of the total number of beneficiaries for the period 2011-2017.
Somalia – IOM, the United Nations Migration Agency, has partnered with Americares to donate more than eight tonnes of medical supplies, for distribution across IOM project locations in Somaliland, Puntland, Lower Juba, Gedo and Banadir regions. The supplies will immediately be dispatched to IOM’s static and mobile clinics, to increase local access to life-saving primary healthcare services.
Total of 226 health facilities across Somalia have submitted weekly report of communicable diseases in the electronic early warning disease surveillance system in week 5, 2018.
Total number of consultations decreased from 66,114 in week 4 to 57,359 in week 5.
The highest number of diseases reported in week 5 were: other acute diarrhoea (2,182 cases), influenza like illness (2,109 cases) followed by severe acute respiratory illness (701 cases).
Crises humanitaires / Situation sécuritaire
Niveau national : Mise à jour du plan de réponse humanitaire (HRP) 2018 : Plusieurs nouveaux financements attendus ;
Dégradation continue de la situation humanitaire et sécuritaire dans la Nord Kivu : regain d’activités des groupes armés et détérioration de l’environnement de protection dans les territoires de Beni et Lubero (Axe Beni‐Kasindi, PDI de Maboya) ;
- Dégradation continue de la situation sécuritaire et humanitaire en général dans plusieurs provinces : Nord-Kivu, Sud-Kivu, Maniema, Tanganyika, Haut Katanga et région du Kasaï.
Volatilité et complexité ne présageant aucune amélioration à court terme.
Epidémie de Choléra
Keynotes and Events of Public Health Significance
- A total of 273 suspected cases of immediately reportable diseases and events including 21 deaths
- Completeness and timeliness of health facility reports were both 98% respectively
- Shigellosis outbreak confirmed in Firestone District, Margibi County
- Ongoing outbreak of measles in Nimba and Montserrado Counties
UPDATE FROM THE HUMANITARIAN HUBS
Aden: Protracted hostilities on Yemen’s west coast are leading an increasing number of people fleeing their homes towards southern governorates. As of 12 February, humanitarian partners in Aden have recorded over 7,100 households displaced since December 2017.
Approximately 500 newly displaced households were reported having arrived within the last week. Most IDPs originate from the governorates of Al Hudaydah, Taizz and Al Bayda.
- Completeness for IDSR reporting is 69% at county level and 82% for the IDP sites.
- A total of 15 alerts were reported, of which 40% have been verified. 0 alerts were risk assessed and 0 required a response.
- Rift Valley Fever outbreak - Yirol East with 28 suspect human cases including 5 confirmed; 3 probable; 12 none-cases; and 8 pending classification. One confirmed animal case (cow).
- Measles response completed in Cueibet where the reactive vaccination campaign administrative coverage was 58,842 (87%).
• Aid agencies provide assistance and protection to over 5.4 million of people in South Sudan.
• Renewed fighting in multiple locations of Jonglei and Unity forces thousands of people to flee their homes, with some crossing to Ethiopia as refugees.
• Funding appeal for US$1.5 billion launched to support refugees fleeing the worsening humanitarian situation in South Sudan.
The number of ‘acute watery diarrhoea’ cases, suspected to be cholera, is rapidly increasing in Central Darfur. At least 200 people are reportedly infected in the eatsern part of the locality.
The isolation ward of the Nierteti Hospital in Central Darfur received 61 new cases of ‘acute watery diarrhoea’ on Saturday and Sunday.
A paramedic told Radio Dabanga from Nierteti that although no sample has been taken to determine the nature of the disease, the symptoms are similar to those of cholera.
February 2018, Tehran- Azadeh Darouzmi is sitting on a chair in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) of Mahdiyeh Hospital in Tehran, dressed in a sanitary dress and holding Aisu close to provide skin-to-skin contact. This is part of Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC) provided to babies in the NICU of this hospital where quality medical care for preterm babies is available. The 23-year-old mother gave birth to her twin girls, Aisu and Aynaz, in mid-January 2018 when they were only 28 weeks old.
- Projections for the coming leans season suggest food stocks from the ongoing harvest will last through April in South Kordofan and through March in Blue Nile. This leaves a substantial gap as the next harvest would begin, at earliest, in August.
- There remains little to no access to basic pediatric care or medical supplies in both South Kordofan and Blue Nile, putting the child population at elevated risk of death from treatable diseases.
1,881 undocumented Afghans returned from Pakistan
47,266 undocumented Afghans returned from Iran
1,881 total returns from Pakistan since 01 Jan 2018
89% of returnees from Pakistan (1,665 individuals) assisted
4% of returnees from Iran (2,011 individuals) assisted
336 Unaccompanied Migrant Children (UMC) from Iran among those assisted, 5 from Pakistan
314 Special Cases (SC) from Iran among those assisted, 32 from Pakistan
DUBAI, 19th February, 2018 (WAM) -- The Dar Al Ber Society carried out up to 15,149 charity projects, worth AED120,829,544, around the world in 2017.
These diverse charitable and humanitarian projects fell under 19 major initiatives, including four relief campaigns in four Arab countries in crises: Syria, Yemen, Palestine, and Somalia.
Abdullah Ali bin Zayed Al Falasi, Executive Director of Dar Al Ber, said that the leading charity association, based in Dubai, successfully carried out a line-up of projects for the benefit of vulnerable people last year.
This situation report, released by the National Emergency Management Office is to inform its operational partners on the current situation of the impacts of TC Gita in Tonga. This Situation report covers the period stated above. Frequency of reports will depend on availability of new information and evolving operation.
As of 20/2: information collated from TRSC and NEMO show 1991 households were either partially damage or destroyed. Data is still coming in from the communities