Country information and context analysis
The scenario in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is characterized by three mutually reinforcing dynamics: 1) conflict/security, 2) economic and 3) political/electoral related incidents.
Key Burundian Figures as of 31 July 2018
- 255,796 Burundian refugees and asylum-seekers living in Tanzania
- 104,752 Burundian population of concern in Nduta Camp
- 68,617 Burundian population of concern in Nyarugusu camp pre and post influx
- 40,193 Burundian population of concern in Mtendeli Camp
POPULATION DISTRIBUTION AND SETTLEMENT TYPE
Structure, term times, text books and even the language of teaching have all been changed to bring about a "Somali-owned system".
Around the world, children are going back to school and happy to be in a familiar setting.
But for Somalia's students, things have been looking very different as they return after the summer break.
Wholesale changes have been made to the education system in a country ravaged by civil war, where three million children are out of school and 70% of the population are under 30.
- On 18th July, healthcare coverage and in-patient care was extended to Cameroonian refugees living in Akampka (275 individuals) and Calabar municipal (300 individuals) in Cross River state.
- Clearing and construction works started in the new Adagom settlement, (Ogoja Local Government Area, Cross River state) that will accommodate up to 4,000 refugees.
- On 17th July, 185 Cameroonian refugees benefitted from voluntary HIV/AIDS counselling and testing services in Anyake settlement (Adikpo, Benue state).
Update On Achievements
In July, UNICEF and the Ministry of National Education raised the monthly incentive rate for approximately 13,000 Syrian volunteer education personnel by nearly 25% to 1,603 Turkish Lira – matching the Turkish minimum wage and providing a much-needed financial boost for them and their families.
Over 313,000 refugee children received a Conditional Cash Transfer for Education (CCTE) payment for attending school regularly in preceding months – a 15% per cent increase over the previous payment in May.
Eight young Tibetans who fled authoritarian rule in China in pursuit of a religious and cultural education without restrictions have arrived at a refugee center in India after being held for nearly a month by authorities in Nepal, according to members of the group.
Save the Children in Vanuatu has set up large tents as temporary classrooms to help provide a sense of routine for children displaced by the Ambae eruption.
Read more on Radio New Zealand International.
El compromiso del gobernador Manuel Velasco es seguir brindando toda la ayuda necesaria a las familias afectadas y encontrar soluciones de fondo a cada uno de sus casos: Culebro Velasco
A través del Consejo Estatal de Atención Integral al Desplazamiento Interno, se han entregado alimentos, despensas, láminas y tanques-cisterna para agua potable en Chalchihuitán, Chenalhó, Ocosingo y Huixtla
El programa 1X1 de Compromiso Social Citibanamex beneficia en esta primera etapa con la edificación de 139 viviendas
Las casas favorece a 800 personas de los municipios de Cintalapa y Pijijiapan
Cintalapa, Chiapas.- Luego del sismo ocurrido en septiembre del año pasado, un total de 800 personas damnificadas de los municipios de Cintalapa y Pijijiapan resultaron beneficiadas con la construcción de viviendas.
Madina, 17, headed off to class last Wednesday as she had always done, pursuing her hope to go to university and earn a business degree so she could start her own company. But for Madina and 39 other students – all under 20 years old – those dreams will never come true.
Despite the fact that the ‘Harvest Ceasefire’ was broken within hours after coming into effect on 1 July, it still resulted in a 10 per cent decrease of hostilities in Donetska and Luhanska Oblasts – with 994 incidents recorded in July – as well as a decrease of civilian casualties from 38 in June to 18 in July, according to OHCHR. Widespread mine and explosive remnant of war (ERW) contamination continued to pose fatal risks to civilians, especially during the harvesting season when farmers worked on their lands.
• By 17 August, the death toll after the Fuego volcano erupted on 3 June has reached 169 people, 256 remain missing.
• An estimate 3,210 people are currently living in official shelters, including more than 1,100 children.
• The Congress of the Republic did not authorize the extension of the Calamity State for the three most affected departments: Escuintla, Sacatepéquez and Chimaltenango. This will limit the implementation of actions aimed at affected populations
Le 15 Août dernier, a eu lieu, l’inauguration du projet de construction de l’école de Tacharane, une localité située à 18 km au sud de Gao. Ce projet financé par la MINUSMA, à travers une contribution de l’Allemagne, s’inscrit dans le cadre des activités de la coordination civilo-militaire de la Mission des Nations Unies au Mali.
TEHRAN – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomes a new US$2.2 million multi-year contribution from the Republic of Korea to support 30,000 of the most vulnerable Afghan refugees living in settlements in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
WFP will use the funds to provide both cash and food assistance to meet refugee families’ most pressing needs, and promote girls’ education and women’s livelihoods, in 20 settlements in 13 provinces across the country.
The following provides an overview of selected achievements by humanitarian partners operating in Sudan during 2017 under the Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP). These successes would not have been possible without strong cooperation between UN agencies, NGOs and the Government of Sudan. Donor contributions in 2017 amounted to about US$365.6 million for HRP activities and an additional $66.9 million for humanitarian assistance outside of the HRP.