A PROGRESSIVE APPROACH TO SOLUTIONS
Multi-Year and Multi-Partner Pilots
Bissau, April 29, 2016 – The Guinea-Bissau/UN Partnership Framework 2016-2020 (UNPAF) was signed on April 28th by the Minister of External Relations, Cooperation and Communities, Ambassador Artur Silva and the Special Representative of the Secretary General, Mr Miguel Trovoada, on behalf of the UN system. The UNPAF represents the UN integrated system’s contribution to the National Development Plan, Terra Ranka, articulating National priorities for reform and sustainable economic and human development. The four pillars agreed with the Government are:
17e, 18e & 19e séances plénières
Matin, après-midi & soir
Les États Membres entendent également les avertissements des dirigeants israélien et syrien
Sixty-ninth General Assembly
17th, 18th & 19th Meetings (AM, PM & Night)
Countries at Epicentre of Ebola Crisis Discuss
Lack of Preparedness, Potential for Political Crisis
There was a danger of “widespread indifference” when a union of States was passive in the face of hostilities suffered by defenceless populations, the Holy See’s Secretary of State told the General Assembly on the penultimate day of its annual debate.
Researchers collaborate with health officials to plan vaccination campaigns after discovering how to predict seasonal outbreaks.
Read the full report on the Guardian.
UNITED NATIONS, Jul 10 2012 (IPS) - Knowledge-sharing has become a cornerstone of successful cooperation among developing countries, in areas ranging from agriculture to health and renewable energies.
“There is a feeling that there are some solutions which can be generated by the South for the benefit of the South, and that ought to be shared between Southern countries,” John Ashe, president of the United Nations High-level Committee on South-South Cooperation, told IPS.
• Introduction: food and nutrition security in West Africa: opportunities and challenges 1
• Soaring food prices, climate change and bioenergy: new challenges for food security and nutrition 2
• Collaborating on nutrition and food security: Implications for the health and agriculture sectors 7
• Capacity development: challenges and opportunities 11
• Implications of a resilient and sustainable smallholder food production system in West Africa on food security, nutrition and health of the population 14