Gold and diamonds in Central Africa easily conjure up images of conflict, rebel funding, human rights violations, and smuggling. As a country landlocked within an unstable region, neighbouring the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), and recently the scene of another coup, the Central African Republic (CAR) might be considered an appropriate candidate for analysis within the conflict-mineral perspective. Yet this framework would ignore the country’s mining sector’s very specific characteristics.
- Two vehicles stolen from PU-AMI in N'délé
- The CAR SRSG briefs the UN Security Council
- GBV survey results in the CAR
- 2 véhicules de PU-AMI volés à N'délé
- Briefing sur la RCA au Conseil de Sécurité
- Résultats de l'enquête sur les VBG en RCA