Brief history and Introduction of Thatta
Thatta is the historically rich and civilized city of Sindh. It is tail of river Indus, near to delta. As the river Indus has flooded the badly to entire Sindh which has ended at Thatta district, but its end is going so severe and serious. The dykes at Thatta were extremely vulnerable and feeble that they could not bear the increasing flow of water that touched the strength of 9,50,000 cusecs water.
Flood Updates up to August 24, 2010
1. 938000 cusecs floodwater is recorded at Kotri barrage tonight, August 24, 2010, whereas its total water releasing capacity is 875,000 cusec only
2. Floodwater has hit 19 districts of Sindh badly.
3. 7 million people are displaced in Sindh only, due to floodwater, whereas, 20 million people are recorded to be displaced in Pakistan
4. 12 thousands villages are badly destroyed in super flood in Sindh
5. 1200 people are died in floodwater in Sindh, out of which 150 were children
Indus Institute for Research and Education (IIRE) and Sindh Community Foundation on the platform of Sindh Civil Society Disaster Management Consortium provided basic health services to more than 250 children, women and men of flood affected in countryside areas of district Matiari.