The information was released Friday by the National Director of Public Health, Isilda Neves, during a talk with journalists.
The event was intended to boost the knowledge on messages aimed at increasing the impact of population on the introduction of IPV.
According to the director, the introduction of IPV is one of the main objectives of the strategic plan for the eradication of poliomyelitis (2013-2018).
The vaccine will be administrated in a single dose in children aged four months old, along with Penta, PCV13 and Rotavirus vaccines.
Dundo - At least 21.116 citizens from Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) are based in Angola’s eastern Lunda Norte province as refugees.
The data were released Tuesday by the acting provincial director of Migration and Foreigner Service (SME), Pedro Mulua.
Angop learnt that the group comprises 5,342 men and 5,788 women, accompanied by their 9,986 children.
The source also quoted other 33 unaccompanied children, as joining the group.
Political and military instability in DRC forced roughly 31,241 people seeking refuge in Angola, from April to June 2017.
Luanda - Nearly 280,000 people are infected with HIV/AIDS virus in the country, said the Health minister Silvia Lutucuta on Friday.
The minister, who quoted the Multiple Indicators and Health Survey (2015/2016IIMS), was addressing a central event to mark the World Aids Day.
Silvia Lutucuta put the current HIV prevalence at 02 percent.
The cumulative number of people treated with antiretroviral drugs from 2014 to December 2016 is 69,841, with antiretroviral drug coverage at 22 percent.
Luanda - The Hiv/Aids pandemic in Angola is spreading vertiginously, mainly in the provinces of Luanda, Lunda Norte, Lunda Sul, Cuando Cubango and Cunene.
The information was disclosed by the executive secretary of the Angola’s Aids Service Organisations Network (Anaso), Antonio Coelho.
According to António Coelho, the Aids situation in Angola is generally worrying and dramatic in some regions of the country, blaming the spread of the disease in Luanda on the high concentration of people.
Huambo - A total 1,241 people, mostly children under five years of age, died of malaria in central Huambo province from January to October this year.
The information was released by the Huambo malaria programme supervisor, Clementino Sacanombo.
According to the source the province has been experiencing its major malaria outbreak ever since May this year, as 175,360 cases have been diagnosed in the last 10 month, against 12,917 of last year.
Camacupa - At least 555,261 people, among children, young people, adults and the elderly, were vaccinated against yellow fever in four of the nine municipalities of Bié Province between 4 and 8 November, said Monday in Camacupa an official source.
The information was delivered by the head of the Department of Public Health and Endemic Control, Isaías Cambissa, speking in the framework of the ninth phase of the immunization campaign against the disease, taking place in 43 municipalities of the country.
Saurimo - At least 43,604 cases of malaria have been recorded in the last 10 months, against the 55,243 cases in the same period of last year in the municipality of Saurimo, northeastern Lunda Sul province.
The information was released by the municipal director of Health, Joaquim Paulo Messene, stressing that there has been a drop in the case this year.
Lubango - Angolan head of State João Lourenço inaugurated Friday in Lubango city, southern Huila province, a USD 8 million worth new water supply system, with a capacity for 600,000 cubic metres per hour.
The project started in March 2013, under the Angolan Government and the World Bank funding.
The projects also comprises five water holes, with an average depth of 120 meters each, the provincial director of Energy and Water, Abel João da Costa told the press.
The city has two other water abstraction and distribution systems.
Huambo - Twenty-four people were killed and 15 others wounded in central Huambo province from September 17 to 6 November following heavy rains coupled with lightning strikes.
This was confirmed Thursday to Angop by the local Firefighter Department spokesperson, Francisco Muepa, underlining that the people were victims of lightning strikes.
He said 38 residences were partially and totally destroyed in above period.
Luanda - The routine vaccination campaign for children who were missed on previous stages, starts Wednesday in Luanda.
The campaign which was initially planned to start Tuesday, is sponsored by the Provincial Government of Luanda.
The action is meant to increase immunisation coverage for all children under five years of age with an incomplete schedule.
The kick-off ceremony will take place in Kapalango neighborhood, Viana municipality.
The action will also cover women in reproductive age, who will be vaccinated against Tetanus.
Huambo - British non-governmental organization, The Halo Trust, has cleared more than 250.000 square meters from landmines from January to September this year, in the Angola’s central province of Huambo.
Speaking to Angop on Wednesday, the Halo Trust local officer, Lucas Olendereck, underlined that the cleared areas are already being used for agricultural proposes by the rural communities.
Menongue - At least 1,093 antipersonnel mines have been destroyed in the municipalities of Menongue and Cuito Cuanavale, south-east Cuando Cubango province, Angop has learnt.
The destruction process was launched by NGO HALO TRUST, as part of demining process underway across the country.
The data were released Tuesday in Menongue by the manager of the NGO in Cuando Cubango, José António, while taking stock of the actions carried out in the aforementioned period.
Luanda - At least USD 2.4 million financed by the Government of the United States of America through its Agency for International Development (USAID), with the objective of improving the water and sanitation situation of four municipalities in the province of Benguela.
According to a document from the US embassy in Luanda, the funding, which involves the Angolan Government, is aimed at capturing water in the municipality of Benguela, Cubal, Ganda and Chongoroi, under the initiative "Water for All "of the Angolan government.
Cuango - At least 6,370 cases of malaria were diagnosed at Cuango’s Medical Centre in the north-eastern Lunda Norte Province, from February to October this year.
This was said on Wednesday by the director of the centre, Manbakila Soni.
According to the official, during the mentioned period the medical institution recorded 32 deaths of patients aged between zero and five, adding that in order for this number to be reduced the centre will be holding sensitisation and awareness lectures on the disease in the municipality.
Caxito - At least 468 unexploded ordnances were destroyed on Friday in Igua, Dande municipality, Bengo province, by the National Demining Institute (INAD).
Among the destroyed explosive devices are ten anti-personnel landmines, an anti-tank landmines, 139 projectiles, 12 rockets, 15 ammunitions, 33 grenades and 224 various low-caliber ammunitions.
Quiculungo - At least 7,599 cases of malaria were diagnosed in the first quarter of this year in Quiculungo municipality, northern Cuanza Norte province.
The information is contained in a report from the local Health Department, saying the above figure shows a reduction of 1,070 cases as compared with the number of people with the disease during the same period of 2016.
According to the source that reached Angop on Tuesday, during the period in respect, 122 patients with malaria were hospitalised, resulting in 14 deaths.
Ndalatando - At least 2.9 million square meters were demined from 2005 to 2017 in the province of Kwanza Norte, said this Saturday to Angop in Ndalatando, the head of demining operations of the National Demining Institute ( INAD), in the region, Chitavi Lino.
The official said that there have been removed, in the same period, nine antitank and ninety-nine antipersonnel landmines and 29,329 different unexploded ordnance, whose activity had an impact on cleaning access roads, bridges, small bridges, railway lines and transportation of electric power, as well as fiber optics.
Malanje - At least 110 houses were destroyed by heavy rains that caused displacement of the equal number of families in northern Malanje province in the last days, said Friday the 2nd Provincial Commander of Fire-fighter Department.
Miguel Bernardo mentioned Massango (25 houses destroyed), Cambundi-Catembo (15), Malanje (13) and Luquembo (10), as the most affected municipalities.
He said that the institution is making efforts to identify other affected localities, as well as ensure support for the victims.
Luanda - The Angolan ambassador, Apolinário Jorge Correia, Permanent Representative of Angola to UN in Geneva, Swiss, on Wednesday appealed to International community to bolster aid for DR Congolese refugees staying in Angola.
According to a press note from the Angolan Permanent Mission that reached Angop on Thursday, the Angolan diplomat said so during the 68th session of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Geneva.