At the end of Nov 7/18 partners (2 UN, 5 INGO) and 9/31 HRP projects are funded.
West Bank/East Jerusalem
Demolished structures: 411 (Jan-Nov. 2017) of which 175 (43%) are residential, 104 inhabited displacing 652 individuals, including 364 children
Donor-funded structures: 102 of which 37 are residential
90 households have received a shelter response in 2017; 3 responses underway; 16 cases are pending further legal advice.
KEY DATES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Activation of the CCCM Cluster: January 2013
UNHCR also leads shelter & NFI Cluster and Protection Sector
The Cluster was activated in March 2008 with UNHCR as the lead Agency supported by IOM as the cochair. The cluster meets monthly at the national level while meetings at the provincial level are based on needs. It has more than 25 members and operates in almost all provinces.
Goal and Objectives
The primary goal of the ES/NFI Cluster in Afghanistan is to coordinate timely response and provision of life saving assistance in meeting the shelter and basic household needs of the most vulnerable affected population.
During the winter, the Emergency Shelter/NFI Cluster is making efforts to support the government’s leadership in the winterization response to provide assistance to the most vulnerable IDPs, returnees and hosting community members.
• The deadline for confirming assistances has been reached so the blocks reported should represent confirmed assistance plans.
• 53% of cases have been blocked or assisted.
• 39% of cases have been assisted by UNHCR, Care and ICRC, an increase of nearly 250 from last week.
• UNHCR's second tranche of assistances will be uploaded shortly.
4. Nonfood items (NFI) specifications
5. NFI items in Response Plans
6. Sector Indicators to be Captured in a PDM
Key figures (HRP 2017)
- Population in Need: 2,300,000
- Shelter sector target population: 1,040,000
- Funding Required: $70.3 Million
- People reached by Shelter-NFI Interventions: 506,562
- DMS/CCCM sector target population: 800,000
- Funding Required: $11.6 Million
- People supported through DMS/CCCM Interventions: 688,314*
Response Highlights (2017)
This map highlights the coverage of winterization items (more than 2 blankets or sleeping mats, children clothes and Saree longi) by partner organizations of Shelter/NFI. 1 means any one item distributed.
The WASH and shelter clusters view cash transfer and markets based programming (CTP/MBP) as instrumental modalities for the delivery of humanitarian WASH and shelter support and services. The clusters and operational agencies representing both sectors are committed to scaling up the use of cash and market based modalities to assist crisis affected populations wherever possible. They are also seeking ways to build the necessary capacity and experience in CTP/MBP to meet key sector specific objectives.