(Macau Daily) Last Sunday, after monster typhoon Hato disastrously struck Macau, typhoon Pakhar followed its steps, and dumped terrible torrential rain in the region. Macau Red Cross (MRC) stays focus to the community’s needs, and continues on relief efforts, donating ‘domestic cleaning kits’ to residents in the seriously affected Rua da Praia do Manduco and Rua de Cinco de Outubro. Also, MRC collaborates with Hong Kong Red Cross to provide post-disaster counselling service to the needy residents, and conducts an assessment on post-disaster needs.
(Macau Daily) After the departure of the catastrophic typhoon Hato, Macau Red Cross (MRC) persists in caring of local residents, and to provide much needed supplies to the deprived group. MRC collaborates with several construction and engineering associations, to assess the damage condition of some residence; set up temporary first aid stations, and work closely with Hong Kong Red Cross for providing post-disaster counseling.
Assessing potential hazards in buildings
(Intercepted from Macau Daily) Vice President of the Macau Red Cross Central Council Chou Kuok Hei and Eliza Y L Cheung, representative of Hong Kong Red Cross, denoted that both regional Red Cross Societies have started their post-disaster psychological support, which includes hotline inquiries, home visits, and psychological counseling talks. When a psychological counseling is in session, volunteers from both places will be in attendance. The aim is to take good advantage of the Hong Kong professionals’ expertise, while pairing with Macau volunteers’ familiarity of local culture.
Macau ICBC donates MOP500,000 to support post-disaster relief
Macau Red Cross (MRC) launched various services to the local residents after the destructive monstrous typhoon Hato, and hoped to help the community returning to normal livelihood.
After the catastrophic typhoon Hato is over, Macau Red Cross (MRC) is extremely concerned for the Non-emergency Medical Transfer Service users and their homes. Depending on the level of damages, appropriate assistance will be provided to this underprivileged group, and help them a speedy restoration of their normal daily livelihood.
MACAO, Aug. 25 (Xinhua) -- About 1,000 troops from the People's Liberation Army (PLA) Garrison in Macao were mobilized on Friday to support the relief efforts of the disaster caused by typhoon Hato in China's Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR).
The troops were called in at around 9:45 a.m. local time (01:45 GMT) to help with clearing piles of rubbish left by the typhoon.
MACAO, Aug. 24 (Xinhua) -- Eight people were confirmed dead and 200 others injured after typhoon Hato struck China's Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) on Wednesday, Macao SAR Chief Executive Chui Sai On said on Thursday.
The Macao Meteorological and Geophysical Bureau (MGB) hoisted highest signal No. 10 at 11:30 a.m. local time (0330 GMT) Wednesday.
According to MGB radar map, Hato came across as near as 40 km to the south of Macao with a maximum wind speed of over 140 km per hour, bringing severe damage to the SAR.
Exteriors of buildings, including parts of multi-billion dollar casinos, were ripped away by Hato's powerful winds
Rescuers search submerged cars for people trapped
Power, water cuts affect over half of casino hub
Macau overwhelmed, residents angry for slow response (Adds details on Macau rescue efforts, government response)
By Tyrone Siu and Farah Master
MACAO, Aug. 23 (Xinhua) -- Five people were confirmed dead after typhoon Hato struck Macao on Wednesday, a spokesperson of the Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) government said Wednesday.
Speaking at a press conference, Chan Chi Ping said that 153 others were injured so far
The Macao Meteorological and Geophysical Bureau (MGB) hoisted highest signal No. 10 at 11:30 a.m. local time (0330 GMT).
According to MGB radar map, Hato came across as near as 40 km to the south of Macao with a maximum wind speed of over 140 km per hour.
MANILA, 19 June 2009, 1600 hrs-New laboratory-confirmed cases of Pandemic H1N1 2009 were announced by Macao (China), the Lao People's Democratic Republic and Papua New Guinea in the reporting period to 19 June, helping to push the Western Pacific Region's total caseload beyond 4000. No deaths from Pandemic H1N1 2009 have been reported in the Western Pacific Region.
At a meeting 15 June, health experts from international organizations including WHO decided to change the official name of the virus from influenza A(H1N1) to Pandemic H1N1 2009.