Ce rapport est publié par le Bureau National de Gestion des Risques des Catastrophes (BNGRC) et l'Equipe Humanitaire de Madagascar. Il couvre la période allant du 06 au 15 Janvier 2018.
Le cyclone Tropical Ava a atterri le 05 janvier à 12h40 à Toamasina ville. C’est la première fois qu’un premier cyclone de la saison cyclonique touche directement le pays et tous les secteurs humanitaires ont dû mobiliser plus précocement leurs stocks d’urgence disponibles (carte en annexe).
- The Mental Health and Psychosocial Services (MHPSS) unit facilitated two Focus Group Discussions and relaxation sessions with 20 doctors and nurses in Kutupalong. The aim of the exercise was to get insights into Rohingya refugees’ MHPSS needs, the sociocultural dynamic, and training assessment needs.
- A Shelter/NFI Common Pipeline has been established, including an application system and supply numbers. IOM and the Shelter/NFI sector held an orientation meeting with sector partners to explain how to access the supplies via the Common Pipeline.
On 13 January 2018 at 4:21 PM, Mayon Volcano generated a phreatic eruption (steam-driven) that propelled a grayish steam and ash plume approximately 2500 m high that was drifted to the southwest. Based on seismic records the activity lasted approximately 1 hour and 47 minutes.
Source: PHILVOCS (Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology)
Status of Affected Families / Persons
9,656 families or 38,357 persons in 38 barangays in Albay are affected by the phreatic explosion of Mount Mayon (see Table 1).
A. Pre-Emptive Evacuation
a. A tota of 3,904 families were pre-emptivelt evacuated in Region V due to Mt. Mayon phreatic eruption.
B. Affected Population
- Lluvias de moderada intensidad y nevadas se extenderían hasta la medianoche en cinco regiones del país
Las precipitaciones de moderada a fuerte intensidad que se presentan desde el mediodía en quince (15) regiones del país, las mismas que vienen acompañadas descargas eléctricas, se extenderían hasta la medianoche de hoy, informó el SENAMHI al COEN DEFENSA.
Desde mañana hasta el lunes 22 de enero se prevé la presencia de oleaje ligero en todo el litoral
• UN reports uptick in Boko Haram related insecurity across Lake Chad Basin during the second half of 2017
• Military operations, insecurity displace populations in northern Borno State
• Food analysis projects continued food insecurity for vulnerable populations in Cameroon
This report is for the media and the general public.
- Overnight on Wednesday, 17 January 2018, Israeli forces carried out a search and arrest operation in a house located between Birqin village (Jenin) and the Jenin refugee camp. According to media sources, one Palestinian, who was reporteddly involved in the drive-by killing of the Israeli settler on 9 January (see below), was killed in the operation. Three other Palestinians and two Israeli forces were injured and three houses were demolished during the operation.
UNICEF through strategic partnerships with the Government and nongovernmental organisations (NGOs) achieved most sector targets due to the efficient use of limited resources to achieve more results for children, women and the general population during implementation of the humanitarian response:
In 2017, UNICEF and partners reached 71,350 people with safe water in Lubombo and Shiselweni regions, representing over 100 per cent of UNICEF’s 2017 Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Emergency Response Plan target.
Almost four months since hurricanes Irma and Maria hit the Caribbean islands, the return of some critical services remains slow in some countries. In Dominica, only around 10 per cent of people, mainly in the cities of Roseau and Portsmouth, have access to electricity, while in the British Virgin Islands (BVI) only one fifth of the population has restored power.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MONTH
This update provides a summary of recent displacement, along with developments from the UNHCR co-led Sector/Clusters of Protection, Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) and Shelter/Non Food Items (SNFI).
KEY DISPLACEMENT STATISTICS (AS OF 9 JANUARY 2018)
795,360 IDPs in Ninewa (including as a result of the Mosul military operation)
82,548 IDPs currently displaced due to military operations in Hawiga (Kirkuk) and Shirqat (Salah al-Din)
64,008 IDPs currently displaced due to military operations in west Anbar
582,453 Individuals (122,396 households) currently enrolled in ASSIST, UNHCR’s assistance tracking tool
2,6 million IDPs remain displaced since January 2014
• Heavy rains are impacting the northern parts of Mozambique.
• More than 22,000 people have been affected by heavy rainfall in Nampula province.
• Very strong rains, temporarily accompanied by severe thunderstorms and winds, are expected to continue.
• Wheat: The current average wheat price in main cities’ markets of Afghanistan (AFN 23.7/Kg) is negligibly lower by 0.2% compared to the same time last year (December 2016) and negligibly higher by 1.1% compared to the last 5-year average price of the same months (Decembers 2012 - 2016).
Préfecture de l’Ouham / Sous-préfecture de Batangafo / Batangafo et les axes
Covering mixed migration to, through & from NORTH AFRICA
About: MHub is the regional knowledge hub and secretariat for the North Africa Mixed Migration Task Force, comprising of DRC, IOM, OHCHR, RMMS, Save the Children, UNHCR, UNICEF and UNODC. It promotes a human rights-based approach to ensure the protection of people moving in mixed and complex flows to, through and from North Africa.
Scope: This bulletin covers mixed migration trends in Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Sudan, Tunisia, Greece and Italy.
• About 2,500 people were assisted to return to Turba village, South Darfur from Shangil Tobay IDP camp, North Darfur.
• People flee East Jebel Marra due to internal fighting within the SPLA-AW and arrive in Otash IDP camp, South Darfur.
• The VRRC replaces HAC in coleading the RRR sector in West Darfur.
• AWD cases continue to decline, according to the Ministry of Health.
• SHF announces US$3 million as the first standard allocation of funds for 2018.