The second phase of Cholera vaccination campaign was conducted among the newly arrived Rohingya communities in Cox’s Bazar and Bandarban, Bangladesh. It, covered 199 472 children aged one to below five years old while 236 696 children aged below five years old also received a second dose of Polio vaccine.
The six days campaign that started on the 4th of November was implemented by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) with support from WHO, UNICEF, the International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh, IOM, UNHCR and local and international NGO’s.
• The first national polio campaign started this month, and implementation took place across 19 governorates. More than 4.1 million children were vaccinated against polio, and the campaign was coordinated with a malnutrition screening of 2.9 million children, which identified over 271,000 acute malnutrition cases which were referred to appropriate services.
• High numbers of schools reopened for the new academic year, especially in retaken areas. UNICEF has supported at least 330,470 students (138,943 girls) to access education in IDP camps and in areas of return, and has delivered learning materials for more than 253,000 students in eight governorates
Ce rapport a été produit par OCHA en collaboration avec les partenaires humanitaires. Il est publié par OCHA et couvre la période du 15 au 23 novembre 2017
- Plus de USD 4,1 millions du Fonds humanitaires pour les réponses d’urgence à Pweto, suite aux multiples besoins nés de l’insécurité
Aperçu de la situation
Ce rapport a été produit par OCHA en collaboration avec les partenaires humanitaires. Il couvre la période du 13 au 23 novembre 2017. Le prochain rapport sera publié vers le 30/11/2017.
- La persistance de l’insécurité empêche les déplacés de regagner leurs milieux d’origine.
Aperçu de la situation
A protracted protection crisis with a surge in violence and humanitarian needs on the rise
The fifteenth meeting of the Emergency Committee under the International Health Regulations (2005) (IHR) regarding the international spread of poliovirus was convened by the Director-General on 14 November 2017 at WHO headquarters with members, advisers and invited member states attending via teleconference.
Tuesday, November 21, 2017 — To enable Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) teams to continue to help the displaced people living in and around Kalémie in Tanganyika province, the IKEA Foundation has stepped forward to give a € 1,4 million grant to the organisation.
The Saudi Arabia-led coalition fighting Houthi rebels in Yemen said Wednesday that it would reopen the country's main international airport and a vital Red Sea port to humanitarian traffic.
The easing is supposed to begin Thursday.
The airport in the capital of Sanaa will reopen to U.N. aircraft, and the seaport of Hodeida will be able to receive urgent humanitarian aid, the coalition statement said.
(Cotonou, le 17 Novembre 2017) : une quarantaine de journalistes communiquants et d’experts en urgences sanitaires des Comores de la Mauritanie du Tchad et du Bénin ont été formés à Cotonou.
- Cholera transmission reported in two counties [Juba and Budi] in the last four weeks [43- 46, 2017].
- Out of the 26 samples tested in the week, 16 (62%) were positive by culture. All positive samples were from New Bongo (a new focus of transmission in Juba) (Table 4).
Entebbe, Uganda. Air Serv has deployed an aircraft to the Kasai Province of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) in response to the cholera epidemic affecting the region. The aircraft, carrying a two pilot crew, departed Entebbe International Airport for Kananga on November 18 and will be supporting efforts by Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) to contain the outbreak.
Situation in numbers
+357,000 estimated # of children in need of immediate assistance in Cuba, ECA, Haiti and Dominican Republic.
+39,000 children in need of immediate assistance in ECA, with 20,000 children affected by Hurricane Maria in Dominica.
56% children remain out of school in Dominica.
During the last 11 month of the year 2017, 171453 suspected dengue cases have been reported to the Epidemiology Unit from all over the island. Latest Disease Trends
Approximately 42.11% of dengue cases were reported from the Western province. The highest numbers of dengue cases were reported during the 29 week of 2017.
Difteria en las Américas – Resumen de la situación
Desde la semana epidemiológica (SE) 1 a la SE 45 de 2017 cinco países en las Américas notificaron casos sospechosos y/o confirmados de difteria: Brasil, Colombia Haití, la República Bolivariana de Venezuela y la República Dominicana. A continuación el informe de cada país.
En 2016, se notificaron 78 casos confirmados de difteria en toda la Región. Los casos fueron notificados por tres países: Haití (56 casos), la República Dominicana (2 casos) y Venezuela (20 casos).
On Friday, November 17, Sierra Leone President Dr. Ernest Bai Koroma, and U.S. Ambassador to Sierra Leone, Maria E. Brewer, formally launched the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) in Sierra Leone.
“Today, we celebrate the new partnership between PMI and the Government of Sierra Leone. With the first year’s planned contribution of $15 million, PMI joins other donors and partners to expand access to proven and effective malaria prevention and control tools,” Ambassador Brewer said during the formal launch event.
In Afghanistan, blood tests are identifying where vaccination campaigns are working, and where gaps remain to be filled.
• The IOM DTM Round XIX (October 2017) estimates that a total of 1.57 million people are still internally displaced across the three north east states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe, of whom 85 per cent are in Borno alone. Children represent 56 per cent of the total IDP population.
• With the launch of the school enrolment drive in the north east, a total number of 120,010 children were enrolled in safe learning spaces in Adamawa and Borno within the reporting period.