- CAP-2004 document was finalised and sent to Geneva, donor funding to CAP-2003 reaches USD 99,769,747.
- After it has been halted due to rainy season, the voluntary repatriation of Eritreans from the Sudan resumed on 15 October 2003.
- According to ERREC, out of the total 476,000 MT humanitarian food assistance requested in 2003, to date about 275,000 MT has been committed.
- Eritrean children remain at high developmental risk due to increasing levels of malnutrition; there is also an increase of wasting among women of reproductive age, averaging between 40 and …
- UN Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator to visit Eritrea from 9-10 June 2003.
- According WHO, 52 new cases of measles were reported in Anseba zone.
- Mid-year CAP-2003 review document will be launched on 10 June 2003;
- 8,759 Expellees who have been residing in Shelab Camp have been settled to Gerenfit.
- Joint Eritrea and Ethiopia UN Country Teams meeting held in Asmara from 18- 19 May 2003.
United Nations Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator, Ms.
- The Government of Eritrea formed a committee
to coordinate drought response;
- OCHA organised a donor meeting in Geneva
on 27 January 2003;
- ERREC says due to the delayed arrival
of pledges and very low available stocks, it has not yet been possible
to stretch food aid distribution beyond 600,000 beneficiaries;