Introduction to Child Protection
Protecting children from violence, exploitation and abuse is at the core of UNICEF's mandate. This course describes what the UNICEF Child Protection programme does and why it’s important.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explore some forms of violence, exploitation and abuse that children experience and/or are at risk of facing throughout the world.
- Describe what child protection means in UNICEF and why it is central to UNICEF's mission.
- Identify UNICEF child protection programming strategies.
- Illustrate what a child protection programme might look like and the result it can achieve.
This course is suitable to new staff of any level of seniority, of technical or non-technical background, who want to learn the basics about the subject.
It is also open to anyone interested in learning about UNICEF's Child Protection programme.
It should take you about 30 minutes to complete this self-paced course.
This course is composed of a single short self-paced animated module, including various examples and activities.
This course is composed of five sections:
- Why child protection?
- UNICEF's approach to child protection
- Building the evidence base
- What child protection programming looks like
Caroline Bacquet, Child Protection Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hellen Nyangoya, Child Protection Specialist, email@example.com
This course is free and open to all on Agora, UNICEF's global hub for learning and development at:
New to Agora? Agora is UNICEF’s Global Hub for Learning and Development. Agora already offers direct access to a great diversity of self-learning opportunities in a searchable catalogue, as well as services such as learning plans, personal records of learning or electronic badges and certificates. Many more activities will be added over the coming months, including local and regional initiatives.
All UNICEF staff (incl. consultants and interns) have a profile on Agora, linked to their organizational account. New users are encouraged to check the Agora Quick Start Guide to learn about basic features of the portal.
Come in to find out more at https://agora.unicef.org