Core Commitments for Children (CCCs)
This course is based on the CCCs document*, revised in 2009, and is intended to inform all UNICEF staff members and relevant partners about the CCCs and how those commitments can be fulfilled.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the background to the CCCs, in particular: the elements of the CCCs, the four pillars of humanitarian reform, what the cluster approach is and how it is activated.
- Explain the framework, principles and accountabilities
- Recall the programme commitments
- Recognize the operational commitments
This course is suitable to all staff of any level of seniority, of technical or non-technical background, who want to learn the basics about the subject.
It should take you about two hours to complete this self-paced course.
This course is composed of four animated modules, including various examples and activities.
This course is composed of six sections:
- Module 1: Background to the CCCs
- Module 2: Framework, Principles and Accountabilities
- Check your understanding: Modules 1 and 2
- Module 3: Programme Commitments
- Module 4: Operational Commitments
- Check your understanding: Module 4
This course is free and open to all on Agora, UNICEF's global hub for learning and development at:
New to Agora? Agora is UNICEF’s Global Hub for Learning and Development. Agora already offers direct access to a great diversity of self-learning opportunities in a searchable catalogue, as well as services such as learning plans, personal records of learning or electronic badges and certificates. Many more activities will be added over the coming months, including local and regional initiatives.
All UNICEF staff (incl. consultants and interns) have a profile on Agora, linked to their organizational account. New users are encouraged to check the Agora Quick Start Guide to learn about basic features of the portal.
Come in to find out more at https://agora.unicef.org