This e-learning course is considered to be the entry to the world of NATO CIMIC. CCOE offers free access for everybody at no costs! The content is tailored to individual needs, you decide about time and location to follow this course. The NCAC can be processed within a day or split in several sections. The purpose of this course is to provide comprehensive awareness and basic knowledge of NATO CIMIC/CMI for anyone (potentially) involved in CIMIC/CMI activities, or for the ones who have a vested interest in CIMIC/CMI activities.
Subjects of the course
- The purpose and core functions of NATO CIMIC
- The role of CIMIC/CMI within NATO operations and its contribution in a comprehensive approach
- CIMIC in the framework of governance, development and diplomacy
- CIMIC relationship with associated and other concepts
(Civil Emergency planning, Host Nation support, Military Assistance in Humanitarian Emergencies, Strategic Communication)
- CIMIC physical resources, capabilities and competences
- CIMIC liaison and the UNOCHA perspective on establishing liaison with the military
- CIMIC/CMI contribution to the military planning and decision making process
- CIMIC/CMI relations to other staff functions
- CIMIC/CMI contribution to assessment and reporting
- Cultural and gender awareness
- Cooperation with civil actors, key UN policies and selected guidelines
- CIMIC projects
How to register
How to subscribe to this course
Follow this link to the CCOE LMS Server and register for a new account.
Users will obtain a certificate after completion of the course.
If you have further questions concerning our online course please do not hesitate to contact us.
Are you interested in one of our other courses? Please visit our website: www.cimic-coe.org