This self-directed e-course gives an overview of the institutions and mechanisms that serve to fulfil the rights of children. Learners will explore particular themes that address how children's rights are being compromised, the efforts being made to stop the violations of children's rights, and how to do your part to help. The course combines text with rich multimedia, including videos and podcasts. Knowledge checks reinforce the information learned. Assignments engage learners to solve specific problems and point them to useful resources.
Understand the child rights protection framework – Who is a child?
– History of child rights protection
– Guide to the Convention on the Rights of the Child
– Role of the Committee on the Rights of the Child
– National protection of children
Study 10 child rights themes – Child labour
– Children in armed conflict
– Children in contact with the law
– Children with disabilities
– Sexual exploitation
– Violence against children
Tuition for this rapid e-course is US$ 75. Tuition payments can be made on-line by credit card (Discover, MasterCard and Visa) or PayPal.
How to register
For more information and enroll: www.hrea.org/child-rights