A key component to the successes of any organization is the ability to fundraise successfully. Concept notes, proposals and reports writing, donor research and networking are thus extremely important skills to have for organizations in every region and at every level.
To help you acquire those professional skills, Trust is hosting a 11-hours online free webinar series focusing on going back to the basics of proposal and report writing, as well as following up with specific and detailed information about fundraising strategy and donor relations.
The workshop will emphasize real life examples and scenarios in order to equip participants with the tools to successfully write proposals and reports to meet the readers’ needs.
This webinar cycle will provide participants with the skills and knowledge to:
- successfully search and increase their chances for relevant funding opportunities for their projects,
- successfully prepare project concept notes and have increased understanding of the type of information required for a full project proposal to an institutional donor,
- identify potential shortfalls and problems, and learn about most common mistakes,
- how and where to seek fundraising opportunities and how to increase your chances of receiving funding for projects,
- and, ultimately, to become a successful fundraiser.
The webinars will be delivered the 1st Wednesday of the month from October 2022 - to be adjusted during holidays, online, via Zoom. Each session lasts 1 hour and begins at 4:00 pm Turkey Time (UTC+3).
1| The fundraising cycle - October 5th 2022
During this first session, participants will get a good understanding of the parts of the fundraising cycle and how each step contributes towards fundraising success.
- Understanding the parts of the fundraising cycle,
- Identifying how they build on each other,
- Understanding the order of steps in the fundraising cycle,
- Using this knowledge to analyze their own organizations processes.
2 | Fundraising strategy - November 2nd 2022
3 | How to develop a project plan - December 7th 2022
4 | Donor research - TBA
5 | Donor networking - TBA
6 | The question of eligibility - TBA
7 | The concept note - TBA
8 | Proposal writing I - TBA
9 | Proposal writing II - TBA
10 | The sustainability plan - TBA
11 | Donor stewardship - TBA
After the presentation of the speaker, participants will have the opportunity to share their questions during a dedicated Q&A session.
About the Speaker
Dr. Eva Wieners
Eva is based in Germany and has worked for nearly a decade with NGOs on the grassroots level in Nepal in the field of capacity development and promotion of sustainable agricultural practices. Before that, she worked in South America and Europe with different organizations. She holds a Ph.D. in geography and her field of research was sustainability and inclusion in development projects.
This course is designed for fundraisers, board members, project managers, and executive managers as well as students and people interested in fundraising for causes.
How to register
Sign up on our website to be registered for the entire webinar cycle and noticed of each session.
We recommend that you register at least 24 hours before the start of the next session so that your registration is taken into account.