The training workshop “People and Projects Management in Emergencies” aims to provide participants with the competencies needed to manage people and projects effectively and apply them in a humanitarian context.
The training will focus on the application of management tools, techniques, and approaches in the field and on the nature of working in humanitarian response.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the role and characteristics of an effective manager in humanitarian practice;
- List management competencies and examine them in a theoretical and practical humanitarian context;
- Apply techniques for managing people and projects to the humanitarian context;
- Evaluate and reflect on personal performance in project and people management;
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses in relation to managing people and projects and devise a personal development plan to improve practice.
During this training, participants will learn about the following topics:
- The nature and impact of emergencies
- The role and qualities of the manager in a humanitarian response
- Communication skills
- Conducting needs assessments
- Securing funding
- Project planning using Log Frames
- Accountability to beneficiaries
- Establishing and developing teams
- Implementing projects
- Developing individuals using coaching, feedback, and performance management
- Remote and distant management
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Coordination and collaboration with partners, Governments, and other humanitarian actors in the cluster system
- Conflict management and negotiation
- Project closure and exit strategies
- Project evaluation and reporting
This course is intended to:
- Country Directors
- Project Managers
- Project Officers, with a basic understanding of project management tools and a familiarity with Log Frames.
- Country Directors, Project managers, and project officers, with a basic understanding of project management tools and a familiarity with Log Frames.
Fee informationNGO/Corporate/Individual fee: PKR 48,703
International NGO fee: PKR 57,558
United Nations Agency fee: PKR 66,413
For more information about our Early Bird or Group Discounts, please visit the training page on our website.
The fees are inclusive of all training resources and individualized support, certification, tea breaks, lunch and stationary. No boarding lodging is included in the cost.
For more information about our fees, payment and refund conditions, please read our Cancellation Policy on our website.
How to register
Register directly through our form on our website before November 11 by clicking here.
For more information, contact email@example.com