Be prepared for travelling and working in high & extreme risk areas
When you are being deployed and work in high and extreme risk areas, your personal safety and security is vital. You want to focus on the mission and therefore you need the skills to operate safely in these areas.
The Advanced HEAT Course (Hostile Environment Awareness Training) will give you a rational attitude and self-confidence, thus increasing your personal and professional effectiveness in the field. This course is based on the (EU) Entri Curriculum.
Why choose an Advanced HEAT Course?
- Safe learning environment A safe learning environment is maintained at all times during the course. There are more than 10 different trainers and actors involved in this course. There are always professionals present for supervision and to offer advice. If you need extra personal guidance, before, during or after the course, we have the professionals and time to accommodate this.
- Submersed in a scenario of hyper-realistic simulations The course methods are based on role-playing, hyper-realistic simulations and a continuous storyline. You will be submerged in a scenario for four days. The course is situated in a professional exercise centre. Theory and practical learning are combined with situation updates that will require action from your team. You will travel to several locations and will be confronted with ethical dilemmas, hostile situations and constant pressure due to insecurity.
- Your own medical kit and instruction cards During the course you will receive a medical emergency kit (value € 99,-) to take along on your next missions. The content of the kit is specially selected for remote areas without nearby proper medical facilities. You will also receive instruction cards. On these waterproof and compact information cards you will find the summary of the most important modules of the HEAT course.
Content & subjects
- Security & Situational Awareness
- Field Security Plans
- Risk Assessment & Mitigation
- Gender-Specific Risks
- Personal Risk Profile
- Contingency Planning
- Hibernation/ Relocation/ Evacuation
- Communication Skills (in the field)
- Radio & Satellite Phone
- Basic Land Navigation
- Map, Compass & GPS Reading
- Convoy Travel Security
- Medical Accident Control
- Life-Saving Skills in Remote Areas
- Dealing with Aggression
- Personal Survival and Mental Welfare
- Stress Management
- Hostage Prevention & Survival
- Helicopter Safety
- Field Safety Skills
- Checkpoints & Road Blocks
- Active Shooting, Ambushes and Carjacking
- Ammunition and Weapon Awareness
- Simulations and Field Exercises
- For whom: Staff working and/or travelling in high and extreme risk areas.
- Language: English
- Duration: 5 days, including 4 evening programmes (44 hours)
- Breakdown of time: 30% theory, 30% practice, 40% simulations
- Group size: maximum 14 (during simulations maximum of 7)
- Location: Soesterberg, The Netherlands
- Dietary wishes: vegetarian/vegan/halal/other
- Certification: Yes
- Free E-Learning: Yes (after 1 year)
Fee informationCosts: € 3.450,-
Including accommodation (4 nights)*, food & beverage*, all course materials and VAT.
* Accommodation and food & beverage are automatically reserved for all participants for the nights during the course.
How to register
You can register for this event via this link: https://centreforsafety.org/apply-for-our-courses/?trainingID=45726