Dates: July 4-8, 2022
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
We have specifically tailored this training for the logisticians in the Middle East; with the trust of the strategic role of logistics and logisticians in the relevance, efficiency and cost effectiveness of humanitarian programs.
This training course aims to give you capacities to successfully manage the supply chain operations of your humanitarian projects and reduce the costs at the benefit of the supported populations. From the early phases of project design to the delivery on the field and the last mile, we will adress the keys to imagine integrated procurement, transport and storage-inventory strategies and find key success factors to implement it within a team. We also integrated in this training, the most current trends in the sector such as fight against corruption and integration of ethical and sustainable analysis in the humanitarian supply chain.
The training will finally leave you a large space to share your experiences and learning together through case studies inspired by the regional humanitarian logistics challenges in the Middle East.
Profile This training course is for you if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You already work as a logistician and you want to improve your skills in supply chain management.
- You are an aid worker and you wish to develop a career in logistics or to better understand supply chain management
- You are experienced in logistics of the public or private sector and wish to discover humanitarian logistics
Objectives By attending this open training course, you will be in capacity to set up and monitor a humanitarian supply chain strategy adapted to the context of Middle East. And more specifically, you will know how to:
- Identify the strategic elements of logistics and supply chain along the project cycle, and integrate ethics and environnemental aspects
- Set and monitor a procurement strategy, fight against fraud and corruption
- Set and monitor a strategy for storage and inventory adapted to your environnement
- Set and monitor flexible transport strategy to adress the challenges of complex environnement
Further information & application: https://www.bioforce.org/en/formation/humanitarian-supply-chain-management/
Bioforce is a unique training and career advisory centre that aims to develop the key skills of those involved in humanitarian and aid programmes. We have been working with major NGOs for more than 38 years, the humanitarian community is involved in creating our training programmes and keeping them cutting-edge. Every year, more than 2500 people get trained or awarded certification with Bioforce.