About the webinar
This Webinar was a one-hour session ideal for Monitoring and Evaluation professionals who are interested in learning more about data security. During the webinar, we discuss key data security risks and ways to address them with practical examples.
Here are a few links to additional resources:
- LastPass Password Manager
- YouTube: How to use a password manager
- How to encrypt your harddrive using Windows
- Have I been pwned.com check whether you have been part of a data breach
- Phishing quiz to help train your team to recognize social engineering.
- Improve your online business security - Free security training for your team
Some of the key risks we cover are:
- User error
- Insider attacks
- Social engineering
- Password management
- IT operation failure
We cover best practices in three main areas:
- Device security
- Staff training
- Vendor selection
Is this Webinar for me?
- Are you an M&E practitioner interested in the security of the data in your programmes?
- Do you want to understand better data security risks that are not necessarily related to technology?
- Are you responsible for managing users’ access to various tools and software?
- Do you wish to ask questions related to data security and information management?
Then, watch our Webinar!
About the Speaker
Mr. Alexander Bertram, Technical Director of BeDataDriven and founder of ActivityInfo, is a graduate of the American University's School of International Service and started his career in international assistance fifteen years ago working with IOM in Kunduz, Afghanistan and later worked as an Information Management officer with UNICEF in DR Congo. With UNICEF, frustrated with the time required to build data collection systems for each new programme, he worked on the team that developed ActivityInfo, a simplified platform for M&E data collection. In 2010, he left UNICEF to start BeDataDriven and develop ActivityInfo full time. Since then, he has worked with organizations in more than 50 countries to deploy ActivityInfo for monitoring & evaluation.