Training dates: July 4, 5, 7, 11, 12 | 8.00am - 12.00pm (CEST Time)**
This training was specifically designed for aid workers who are working in or travelling to medium/high-risk environments but also in remote areas; in order to increase their level of awareness and preparedness.
This training will allow them to help beneficiaries while increasing their own safety.
The goal is simple: to provide a set of tools for the participants to be prepared effectively to manage their own personal security in the working environment.
More specifically, the PFST aims to provide:
- AWARENESS of the practical realities of managing personal security abroad in the frame of aid operations.
- KNOWLEDGE of the basic tools for managing personal security abroad in the frame of aid operations.
- SKILLS for managing personal security abroad in the frame of aid operations.
→ These 3 components are used under the acronym AKS.
Components of the training:
To reach these objectives, the training course has four mutually reinforcing components:
- Theoretical sessions: to consolidate the methods (pre-departure checklist, do's and don'ts in violent situations, etc.)
- Practical sessions: to train with basic practices (first aid, radio protocols, etc.)
- Simulations: to crystallize the use of the above-mentioned methods and practices in a tangible framework
- Validation and feedback sessions (debriefings and key takeaways)
- Personal security
- Movement Security
- Safety in premises
- Stress Management
- Personal risk assessment
- Robbery & Incident report
- Hibernation, Evacuation, Relocation
- Sexual violence
- Mines / UXOs
- Kidnapping & Hostage taking
- Dealing with aggressive behaviour
After completion of the full online training, the participant will receive HPass badge for the new developed skills.
Audience: This training is suitable for every Humanitarian worker present in the field.
We are looking forward welcoming you!
600€ for 5 half days - online training course
Includes HPass badge certification
How to register
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or quotes.
You can also register and book online via our website:
This training is also available in French.