Peacebuilding, development and humanitarian interventions aim at contributing to a positive impact on the contexts within which they take place. External interventions in volatile environments thus need to be sensitive to the context. This includes the identification and mitigation of the risks of exacerbating conflict, and strengthening of opportunities to contribute to positive change.
Working in volatile and potentially quickly changing contexts requires organizations and their interventions to be adaptive and flexible. A conflict sensitive approach systematically takes into account both the positive and negative impacts of interventions on contexts and the impact of these contexts on the interventions.
In this course you will:
- acquire an understanding of the concept and aim of conflict sensitivity;
- learn about practical tools for conflict sensitive program management, and apply them to concrete practical cases;
- explore best practices and lessons learned with conflict sensitivity practitioners from different contexts;
- discuss cases from your own or other participants’ work;
- exchange experiences and become part of a community of practice.
Tuition Fee 1,500 CHF