Join us for this one and half day course to explore these questions.
How will climate change impact international security? What are the possible future scenarios? What are the key security issues that need to be watched? Where may the opportunities be found?
Environmental issues, including in particular climate change, are becoming a dominant concern impacting all corners of the globe and all sectors to varying degrees. Participants will be able to enhance their ability to respond to future challenges and capture more effectively opportunities that may arise on the specific (international?) security implications of climate change. This will be achieved through sessions on:
- the main concepts related to climate and security,
- case studies to explore the issues and the responses, and the application of foresight methods to explore possible climate and security futures.
The participants will be able to:
- enhance understanding on the implications of climate change for security,
- examine possible climate and security futures,
- explore strategic foresight and apply related methods.
You will receive a GCSP certificate accredited by EduQua once you have completed all the course modules to the satisfaction of the course director.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: This course will be of interest to professionals in the international security sector and beyond, such as:
- civil servants;
- private sector representatives;
- NGOs; and,
- international organisations.
To address this global challenge cooperation among actors from diverse sectors is required.
Fee informationCOSTS: 600 CHF
Apply by 25 March to qualify for a 15% discount. GCSP Alumni qualify for a 20% discount.
Bring-a-friend discount: CHF 500 per confirmed application (ensure your friend or colleague mentions your name in their online application).
How to register
Apply now: **https://bit.ly/2ZqvVSy**