How can governments, producers, processors and other actors in the agri-food chain design and implement food measures to ensure safe food? In complex food supply chains it is not easy to guarantee an appropriate level of food safety, without complying with different kinds of rules, regulations and inspections. To deliver safe food as well as to create sustainable business, stakeholders along the value chain have to design and/or implement scientifically sound and practical surveillance, monitoring and enforcement measures. This course empowers you to assess and manage food safety throughout the value chain.
What will you learn?
In this course, you will:
- Learn about functional elements such as standards and regulations, monitoring and surveillance, control management, inspection and certification, risk communication, and training and education;
- Practice a step-wise approach to improve your own control system: benchmark current practice, identify local challenges and opportunities and design a strategy to manage the change process;
- Develop skills (and confidence) to engage with others to bring about change in your own organization, major clients or other stakeholders.
Course programme in more detail
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Explain key concepts and elements of national food safety system;
- Describe current safety hazards and understand how these translate into risk and control limits;
- Identify institutional constraints and options to improve national control systems;
- Engage in setting up or improving elements of a (national) food safety control system;
- Advise governments, sector organisations and development organisations on food safety governance issues;
- Develop education and training programmes on food safety control.
EUR 4,600.00 - This covers the tuition of the course. Since this course is online, there are no costs for accommodation, insurance or travel.
Early-bird deadline 28 September 2021
Deadline on October 12th 2021 for Orange Knowledge Programme scholarships and MENA scholarship programme.
How to register
For whom is this course?
This course is aimed at business, civic society or government professionals engaged in food quality and safety management, including research, public controls, production, manufacturing and trade. Participants need to have a professional education and at least three years of professional experience in agri-food chains, be proficient in the English language, have computer skills and be able to share real life cases.
To apply, please visit the following link
The Application Procedure
- Register for the course of your interest by clicking the ‘apply’ button on the webpage of this course. A registration form will open;
- Fill in the required fields of the registration form. Please note to write your date of birth without a zero (e.g. 1-5-1980 instead of 01-05-1980);
- Before you submit, check your details on the final page of the registration form;
- After submitting, you will receive a confirmation email. Make sure to directly click on the link in the email to confirm your registration. Without your confirmation, your registration cannot be processed;
- If you apply as an OKP or MSP-scholarship candidate, you will receive a registration letter for the scholarship at the beginning of the scholarship cycle.
- If you apply as a self-funded participant: we will forward your request for acceptance to the course leader. This can take some time as it depends on the coordinators' schedule (1-3 weeks);
- If you’re accepted into the course programme, we’ll send you an admission letter by e-mail;
- You receive all required travel documents from us after you are selected for the scholarship (OKP/MSP-scholarship candidates) or when we’ve received your payment (self-funded participant).
Courses are currently online
Our courses are currently online. Check the course details for more information about the online course format.