5-lesson webinar to improve participants’ knowledge and skills in obtaining EU funds and successfully managing EU grants under the PRAG rules.
Develop a core understanding of relevant actors involved in the EU external action and, specifically, in development cooperation. Learn how the EU multi-annual programming system works so you can identify the most suitable funding opportunities on the basis of your organisation’s vision, mission and objectives. Become familiar with the grant application process according to the PRAG rules and improve your skills in writing robust project proposals and realistic budgets. Be better prepared for managing EU-funded projects according to the PRAG rules, and uncover how you can ensure fruitful partnerships and coordination mechanisms. Learn how to properly deal with changes that arise during project implementation and be ready for expenditure verification.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify relevant EU funding opportunities and calls for proposals
- Select EU funding opportunities according to own organisation’s mission and objectives
- Prepare successful project proposals according to the logframe approach
- Know and properly apply Grants implementing procedures (e.g. costs eligibility, visibility, amendments, reporting, records keeping)
- Set up a suitable monitoring plan
- Report on results achieved and related costs incurred
- Be prepared for an expenditure verification or an audit
Structure and total commitment time
By subscribing to this course, you will have access to a dedicated page on the PuntoSud learning platform. From here, you can join the live sessions, download the course materials and complete all the assignments.
The curse is structured in 5 days of 1,5 hours of online live sessions combined.
*Total time commitment for the duration of the course is approximately 8 hours:
- Live sessions 7,5 hours: 5 sessions of 1,5 hour each – the session will be facilitated by PuntoSud experts and includes lectures, quizzes and Q&A sessions. All live sessions will be recorded so you can still watch the session if you are not able to attend.
- Final tasks 30 mins: Complete the exit test and fill out the evaluation form.
All the material will be available 3 calendar days before the starting date of each session and until 15 calendar days after the end of the last webinar session
Lesson 1 – Search for EU Funding Opportunities: Setting Your Strategy According to EU Programmes and Calls for Proposals
- EU external action: main actors and their roles in programming and funding
- MFF 2021 – 2027: Neighbourhood and the World’ heading, focus on NDICI
- The calls for proposals system:
- Searching functions
- Guidelines for applicants
- Main steps in the application process
Lesson 2 – Obtain EU Funds: Preparing a Successful Application Form and Budget
- Key section of the concept note and the full application form: tips and tricks
- Logframe matrix: results chain and indicators
- Prepare the budget
Lesson 3 – Know the EU Rules: Implementing Effective Projects
- Main rules surrounding grants: special conditions and general conditions
- Monitor results and project expenditure
- Procurement rules and provisions
- Ensure EU visibility
Lesson 4 – Report to the EU: Dealing with Changes and Interim Reporting
- Dealing with changes
- Main reporting requirements
- Preparing interim narrative and financial reports
Lesson 5 – Close Your Action: Preparing for Expenditure Verification and Final Reporting
- Hand-over of equipment and supplies
- Preparing the final narrative and financial report
- Preparing documents and records for the expenditure verifications and ex-post audits
STANDARD PRICE: 200 EURO | MULTIPLE BOOKING: 160 EURO
Cost include the access to the training course and all training materials
How to register
Methodology: how to participate?
The course is delivered on-line, in a virtual classroom. All what you need to participate is a computer and and Internet connection, with webcam and microphone, if possible (but it is not mandatory). Each session is facilitated by one or more trainers who will share information, suggestions and best practices with participants, with the support of ppt presentations, websites presentation and other materials. During the webinar sessions, you will be able to interact with the trainers and the other participants with questions and comments. Between one session and the other, you will be invited to do a practical exercise on what have been learned in the previous session.
In case you will not be available at the established time, all sessions are recorded and can be followed whenever you can. If you cannot take part in one or more of the online live events, you can register anyway to the course and we will send you the webinar registration via email.
At the end of the course, a certificate of attendance will be sent to all participants.