4-day virtual training module to strengthen the learners’ ability to implement an ECHO-funded Action.
Become familiar with the European Union Humanitarian Aid Action and its main objectives, including saving lives, alleviating suffering and protecting human dignity during and in the aftermath of emergencies, through material and logistical assistance. Know how ECHO, the Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations, implements humanitarian aid operations, through the cooperation with its partners and a complex set of regulations that define various roles and responsibilities. Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Partnership 2021 – 2027’s main provisions. Be able to propose and manage ECHO-funded actions and be aware of the rules that must be followed to ensure an adequate, effective, equitable and flexible delivery of aid.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand how ECHO works; the roles and responsibilities of both ECHO and the implementing agencies; the legal framework and the working documents.
- Understand the logic behind the Single Form format and know how to properly complete and submit it.
- Correctly manage (and report on) the ECHO funded action in accordance with established rules and procedures.
- Find all necessary information in the Model Grant Agreement, the supporting documents and the policy manuals.
Structure and total commitment time
By subscribing to this course, you will have access to a dedicated page on the PuntoSud learning platform. From here, you can join the live sessions, download the course materials and complete all the assignments.
The cursE is structured in 4 days of 3,5 hours of interactive online sessions combined with self-learning. Total time commitment over the period of the course is approximately 17 hours:
- Preliminary tasks – 1 hour – you will be asked to introduce yourself, complete the survey on training expectations and go through some preliminary training materials.
- Live sessions – 14 hours – 4 sessions of 3,5 hours each – the session will be facilitated by PuntoSud experts and includes lectures, plenary and group discussions, group work, quizzes and online interactive exercises. The live sessions will be recorded and made available in the learning platform.
- Additional learning material – 1,5 hours – for the duration of the course, you will have at your disposal additional readings and documents, exercises and interactive eLearning modules that you can follow at your own pace.
- Forum discussion – you can ask questions and share relevant information with the trainers and the other participants.
- Final tasks – 30 mins – complete the exit test and fill out the evaluation form.
All the material will be available 7 calendar days before the starting date and until 15 calendar days after the end of the last training session.
During the four-day training, the Intensive Course: Managing ECHO Humanitarian Action will touch upon the following issues:
- DG ECHO overview (mandate, decision making process);
- Action planning phase (proposal preparation and submission);
- Action implementation phase (financial management, reporting and modifications);
- Action closure phase (closure activities, final reporting and payment).
The course will be delivered through the Virtual Classroom modality. To learn more about this modality, please click on this link.
STANDARD PRICE: 640 Euro | EARLY BOOKING: 480 Euro
Cost include the access to the training course and all training materials
How to register
How To Apply
If the application is accepted applicants will be notified by email.
It is possible to pay at ISPI‘s administrative office, via Clerici 5, Milan, Italy (Monday‐Friday, 2.30pm‐5pm) or by Bank Transfer (every successfull candidate will receive by email further details).
For further information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call + 39 02.863313223.
The Intensive Course has limited places available, and will only take place if an adequate number of enrolments is reached.