Develop the skills and confidence to perform and evaluate quality needs assessments to inform response efforts in humanitarian &development
Rapid needs assessment in an emergency setting can give insights and understanding about a range of factors that affect behaviours related to the emergency and about how to best support the population to reduce their vulnerability to risk.
Dedicating even just a few days to a needs assessment is important to obtain information about how households and communities perceive a potential or existing emergency, what they know and do about it, what barriers and facilitators exist to the adoption of protective behaviours, and how cultural and social dynamics influence them. Equipped with this knowledge, programme managers and field implementers can develop targeted interventions to support the success of all response efforts.
This introductory course will help participants develop the competencies needed to perform and evaluate rapid needs assessments in humanitarian and development contexts.
Through active and participatory learning, this course aims to equip participants with a solid understanding of appropriate need assessment principles and tools, as well as the ability to apply these tools in practice.
This course is composed of four live sessions, with individual and small group work assigned between each session.
What does the course cover?
- Design and plan an effective needs assessment employing tools appropriate for the approach;
- Analyse assessment data to effectively report on beneficiaries’ needs and capacities;
- Analyse cross-cutting and sector specific issues that impact on needs assessments;
- Describe the importance of using a participatory approach throughout the assessment cycle;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key skills, personal attributes and competencies required in conducting needs assessment.
• Standard Organisation - £150 (for those being funded by an organisation)• Standard Individual - £225 (for those funding themselves)
• Standard Organisation - £378 (for those being funded by an organisation)
The training fees cover, resource materials, and certificate
How to register
Please kindly register here.