Designed for trainers and facilitators in the humanitarian and development community, this highly participatory workshop will help you improve your skills in course design and virtual facilitation to deliver high-impact training and event activities in a virtual setting.
Our expert facilitators will share the tools and techniques you need to be a more effective facilitator. You will learn how to effectively navigate the virtual training and meeting room, as well as gain tools to bring interaction to the virtual space. Participants will engage in facilitated discussions, group exercises, games, and illustrated presentations. Then you will be taken “behind the scenes” of the online workshop to learn how to develop course content, manage the virtual room, and adapt to the needs of your learners.
Participants will return to their work ready to apply course design principles to their technical content and a toolbox of tools and techniques to facilitate successful online events.
By the end of this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Create learning objectives and a session plan for a training session
- Develop effective resource materials to support the learning process
- Facilitate multiple interactive and participatory training techniques for the virtual setting
- Demystify technical concepts and information
- Deliver a participatory style training session that builds skills and knowledge
- Recognize different adult learning styles and how they impact course design
- Demonstrate to your colleagues that technical training is more effective when a practical, participatory approach is used
Humentum Members $550 | Non Members $650 Registration fee includes access to the online learning platform, all digital learning materials, and your dedicated facilitator.
How to register
Visit the event page and click register. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the event.