This online self-paced modular course provides an introduction to fraud and corruption prevention. Developed specifically for those working in NFPs/NGOs, charitable and international development sectors, it aims to raise participant’s awareness of the issue of fraud and corruption, and equip them with a basic knowledge of the principles of corruption prevention, including the practical steps that can be taken to protect their organisation against it.
Upon successful completion of this corruption prevention course participants will be able to:
- Define fraud and corruption and identify its main forms**
- Understand its magnitude and impact
- Identify the specific corruption risks facing the NGO, charitable and international development sectors
- Describe the elements needed for fraud to take place and recognise its warning signs
- Understand controls and the role they play in the prevention, detection and response
- Explain the specific steps that can be taken to start managing fraud and corruption
An outline of the full curriculum can be found here
The course uses an online self-paced format using a combination of videos and presentations. In all cases, theory is supported by appropriate examples. Each module is supported by a knowledge test in order to ensure that participants have a full understanding of the subject matter being taught.
Who Should take it
While targeting staff, management and board members who work in the NGO, charity and international development sectors, this course is relevant to anyone interested in the topic of fraud and corruption, and are seeking a better understanding of: ‘what it is’; it’s magnitude and impacts the dynamics behind it; and what steps can be taken to start managing the risk associated with it. There are no pre-requisite knowledge or skills for attendance.
A$389 (currently equates to €245 or US$287). The fee covers access to the course including all videos and online resources.
How to register
Participants can register using the following link: https://integritas360-online.thinkific.com/courses/Charity-NGO-Fraud-and-Corruption-Basics.