In an increasingly interconnected, globalized and complex world, where the importance of multilateral dialogue and cooperation is ever growing, the demand for training and capacity development in the field of international affairs and diplomacy is constantly rising.
This Master’s programme is designed to suit the needs of students and professionals interested in both developing essential knowledge for understanding international affairs, as well as strengthening their capacities in the practice of diplomacy. This Master’s Degree will allow diplomats, government officials, students and other stakeholders to upgrade their studies and knowledge combining the best of university education and UN executive training.
The design and training methodologies devote particular attention to:
- Full online delivery, allowing for a flexible schedule designed to fit the specific needs of full-time working professionals;
- Student-centered approach, in which the learner and the learning experience at the core of the programme;
- Leading-edge insights into prevailing theories and practices;
- Lifelong learning approach, in which the workplace is used as the main learning environment;
- Multi-cultural pedagogy, particularly attentive at the diversity of paradigms, perceptions and intellectual traditions;
- Multi-disciplinary approach.
By the end of the programme, students will :
- Gain critical understanding of key issues and concepts in world affairs and international relations as well as practical knowledge they could leverage in their professional project
- Master analytical skills and critical thinking
- Be able to perform in both bilateral and multilateral working environments with increased confidence
- Advance their careers in joining a broad group of alumni across the world.
The Master in International Affairs and Diplomacy is aimed at diplomats as well as staff of governmental and non-governmental organizations. Additionally, the Master’s Degree and related qualifications are open to graduate students, young researchers and other academics interested in gaining a thorough understanding of diplomacy and international relations and acquiring soft skills to thrive in their careers.
Online Master in International Affairs and Diplomacy: € 7,408.00
Online Post-Graduate Certificate in Diplomatic Practice: € 3,838.00
Online Post-Graduate Certificate in World Studies: € 3,838.00
Students have 3 options to pay the fees of the master and related qualifications:
One single payment by bank transfer in Euros
One single payment by credit card in Euros
Payment by debit card in instalments distributed as follows:
• Students enrolled in the full-time master’s programme: Tuition fees can be paid in up to 7 instalments distributed monthly plus one initial payment of the 25% of the tuition fee.
• Students enrolled in the part-time master’s programme: Tuition fees can be paid in up to 19 instalments distributed monthly plus one initial payment of the 25% of the tuition fee,
• Students enrolled in the full-time or part-time postgraduate certificates: Tuition fees can be paid in up to 7 instalments distributed monthly plus one initial payment of the 35% of the tuition fee.
The fee covers full student access to the UOC Virtual Campus platform. Each course will have a dedicated dashboard , with sub-portals for each modules, Continuous Assessment Activities (CAT), and non-assessable activities. The dashboard will contain access to the required, and optional, readings, course modules, a noticeboard updated and maintained by the Course Coordinator, and the Course Instructor. Each course will have a dedicated forum where students and instructors can interact and discuss with one another. Each student will be provided a dedicated uoc email address. Depending on availability, students may have access to exclusive Open Webinar on Keynote topics, delivered by UNITAR experts.
The fee does NOT cover participation to the UOC - UNITAR field visit
How to register
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATION PROCESS
In order to be considered for the Master in International Affairs and Diplomacy and related qualifications, candidates must be fluent in English, possess a valid passport or national identity cards and have completed an undergraduate degree.
During the registration process please upload the following documents:
- a copy of your CV
- a copy of your bachelor degree certificate
- motivation letter
After reception of these documents, your application will be carefully considered. In case your application is successful, UNITAR will send you an acceptance email. Once your confirmation is received, UOC will send you another link by which you can complete your official registration with UOC and proceed with the payment. Later on, UOC will contact you again and ask you to provide the following documents:
-Copy of passport
-Work certificate (only for students who wish to validate their work experience).
Admission is granted on a rolling basis. However, early application is recommended given the limited number of places on the programme.
Admission is valid for two intakes, the intake the candidate applies for and the following.