Following the success of the first edition, the Division for Multilateral Diplomacy (DMD) of the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is pleased to announce its upcoming Second Edition of the Online Certificate on Essential Professional Skills taking place over four consecutive weeks from August to September 2021. The online certificate will consist of a series of e-workshops targeted to working professionals and individuals seeking to improve their professional skills. It aims at reinforcing individuals’ transferable professional skills, especially in a time where flexibility and adaptability are key.
The online certificate will consist of four e-workshops facilitated by experts on the selected topics and will take place using the platform Zoom. The e-workshops are designed to be highly interactive and, where possible, include case studies, simulations, and group exercises.
The four topics covered will be:
- Negotiation Skills (30 August - 1 September)
- Leadership and Team Mobilization (6-8 September)
- Stakeholder Engagement (13-15 September)
- Cross-Cultural Communication (20-22 September)
All e-workshops will take place at 13.00-17.00 CEST UTC +2 / GMT+2.
E-Workshop on Negotiation Skills:
- Integrate and practice negotiation-related soft skills;
- Contrast conventional negotiation techniques in different contexts;
- Examine different types of negotiations and their key concepts including: 3Ps, positions, interests, principles, BATNA and ZOPA;
- Acquire knowledge on how to communicate strategically to manage negotiation meetings effectively and reach good outcomes.
E-Workshop on Leadership and Team Mobilization:
- Understand leadership and the 3 Cs of leadership;
- Work through leadership challenges, strengths, values, and role models;
- Grasp international leadership in culturally diverse contexts: the cultural pyramid – layers of diversity;
- Own your personal and cultural leadership style and your unique strengths;
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills for Leaders for Team Mobilization.
E-Workshop on Stakeholder Engagement:
- Gain understanding of the complexity involved in coordination and stakeholder engagement in different social, political and cultural contexts;
- Identify potential stakeholders, domestic as well as foreign, at different levels –local, sub-national, national and international;
- Assess stakeholders’ specific needs and interests;
- Develop skills to initiate, encourage and sustain suitable channels of stakeholder engagement and coordination with the different potential stakeholders in an early stage.
E-Workshop on Cross-Cultural Communication:
- Enhance personal and professional skills in appreciating the importance of effective intercultural skills;
- Enhance the awareness of differences in communication styles across cultures and knowledge of factors that influence business communication across cultures;
- Develop attitudes conducive to effective intercultural communication.
The online certificate is aimed at introducing its concept to the wider public and raising awareness around the selected topics. The registration will be open to the public and participants will be admitted upon selection after submitting their CV.
Upon successful completion of all four e-workshops, participants will be awarded the Online Certificate on Essential Professional Skills. Participants will also receive a separate certificate for each e-workshop.
UNITAR will not provide refunds for customers who face technical issues beyond UNITAR's direct control. UNITAR recommends that all prospective participants test Zoom for free at Zoom.us prior to confirming their payment.
Basic system requirements:
Stable internet connection
Speakers and a microphone
A webcam or HD webcam
Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Please see further information about all technical requirements for participating in this e-workshop here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
The fees will cover 48 hours of online training over 4 consecutive weeks.
How to register
The registration will be open to the public and participants will be admitted upon selection after submitting their CV.
Please apply here.