Training dates: November 4, 5, 6 - Residential
This training has been developed by humanitarian specialists for humanitarian workers.
It will enable participants to:
- Anticipate travel and better prepare for their trip at all levels (equipment, material, psychological and technical)
- Increase their knowledge and control of the vehicle as well as to manage emergency situations
- Apply first aid techniques.
The aim of this training is to provide organisations with high-quality participatory driving training for passengers and drivers. It aims to increase staff confidence in order to ensure better preparation, reduce the likelihood of incidents, while teaching controlled reactions to follow in the event of an incident.
This course teaches you the steps and techniques for managing emergencies and life-threatening situations.
It is based on
80% practice and 20% theory.
The key elements of driving in risk areas:
- Vehicle preparation and general maintenance.
- How to ensure the safety of staff/passengers.
- Addresses the driver's attitude to speeding, the use of mobile phones and equipment while driving.
- Highlights the main threats.
- Image that we send to the local population.
- To teach the basics of defensive driving.
- To practice emergency drills.
- Reacting to crowds and demonstrations.
- Reacting to a hostile incident.
- Reacting to kidnapping, robbery and carjacking attempts.
The key elements of first aid:
This course teaches you the steps and techniques for dealing with life-threatening emergencies.
You will practice eight skills to help patients who may be in shock, in respiratory arrest, in cardiac arrest, with a spinal injury, or have severe bleeding.
You will learn how to perform CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and how to assess and monitor the patient's condition to give them the best possible chance of survival while waiting for emergency medical services to arrive.
This course also teaches you how to provide first aid to reduce pain and reduce the risk of worsening the patient's condition. You will learn how to assess various injuries and illnesses and how to practice bandaging and splinting.
Upon completion of the training and successful completion of all modules, participants will receive 2 certificates:
- EFR - Emergency First Response Certificate. (www.emergencyfirstresponse.com)
- HPass Badge - OSC Driving Level 1
Audience: All humanitarian personnel who are required to take part in movements in vehicles and convoys, drivers and passengers.
The OSC team looks forward to seeing you in the field!
750€ without vehicle 700€ - with vehicle
3 full day residential training with full board accommodation (breakfasts, lunches, snacks break, dinners) and the training material.
For more information, questions and quotes, please kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20% discount for national NGOs (and other applicable reductions)
How to register
For any questions or quotes, please kindly email us to email@example.com
You can also register online on our website: www.othersolutions.net
ALL our training courses comply with our "Covid-Safe" health and safety protocols.