Today more than ever in the past, UN agencies are required to show the impact of learning and training programs. This five-module self-study course is designed to introduce you to evaluation tools and techniques you can use to improve training effectiveness and prove the value of training in meeting organizational needs.
How many times have you heard someone say: "It was a great training programme but...? Maybe you have even had the same reaction to training programmes you have attended. Unfortunately, that statement (or a variation) is made far too often and reflects growing concerns among senior managers, in particular, that training is costly and not worth the investment of time and money. Increasingly, pressure is placed on trainers and training managers to prove the value of training.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Describe the four levels of evaluation
- Explain the importance of and purpose of evaluating learning and training
- Determine what you want to know or measure
- Link evaluation to the needs assessment process
- Develop interview questions to evaluate levels 1, 2, and 3
- Determine when to evaluate
- Determine whom to involve in the evaluation process
- Define the purpose for a reaction evaluation
- Identify steps to creating quality reaction evaluations
- Develop reaction evaluation questions to ensure they meet criteria for effectiveness
- Develop test questions to measure changes in knowledge, skills, and attitudes
- Identify ways to evaluate how well participants are applying what they learned
- Select methods to evaluate the transfer of learning or training to job performance
- Determine which critical success factors to use to evaluate organisational impact
- Determine the impact of training on organisational goals and objectives
- Use cost/benefit analysis and return on investment (ROI) to measure value to an organization
This course is delivered entirely online. It is a self-paced course that participants can start at any time and complete activities at their own pace. Once started, from date of receiving login information, the participant is required to complete all activities within 4 months. They will be required to complete end of course questionnaire to get a certificate. There is no weekly webinar in this course.
Topic 1: Understanding concept and process of learning and training evaluation
Topic 2: Level 1-Reaction evaluation.
Topic 3: Level 2 – Measuring learning
Topic 4: Level 3 - Measuring application or transfer of learning
Topic 5: Level 4 – Measuring impact on organisation
This course is for anyone involved in organizing learning and training events to develop others. These include trainers, facilitators, managers, leaders, resource persons, instructors, etc.
Cost of participation
The course fee of 500 USD covers full participation in the online course.
The cost of the course is $500 covers full participation in the online course.
How to register
Registration is open until 31 Dec 2021 and can be done via the following link : http://ow.ly/ojWV50DY41u