Training days: the 14th, 17th, 18th, 20th & 21st of May | 9am - 12.30pm (GMT +1)
This training was specifically designed for aid workers working in or travelling to medium/high-risk environments or remote areas in order to increase their level of awareness and preparedness and allow them to help beneficiaries while increasing their own safety. Its goal is simple: providing a set of tools for the participants to prepare effectively for the management of their personal security in their working environment.
More specifically, it is intended to provide:
- AWARENESS of the practical realities of managing personal security abroad in the frame of aid operations.
- KNOWLEDGE of basic tools for managing personal security abroad in the frame of aid operations.
- SKILLS for managing personal security abroad in the frame of aid operations.
→ These 3 components are used under the acronym AKS.
Components of the training.
To meet these objectives, the training course has four mutually reinforcing components:
- Theoretical sessions, aimed at consolidating methods (pre-departure checklist, do's and don'ts in violent situations, etc.);
- Practical sessions, aimed at training in basic practices (first aid, radio protocols, etc.);
- Simulations, which aim to crystallize the use of the above-mentioned methods and practices in a tangible framework;
- Validation and feedback sessions (debriefings and key takeaways).
- Personal security
- Preparation of the mission
- National Staff
- First Aid
- Threats when travelling in vehicles
- Personal risk assessment
- Incident reporting
- Hibernation, Evacuation, Relocation
- Sexual violence
- Weapons in the field
- Hostage situation and kidnapping
- Dealing with aggressive behaviour
Operations (Food Distribution example)
Successful participants will receive the following certification:
OSC PFST HPass Badge
Audience: This training is suitable for every Humanitarian worker present in the field.
We are looking forward to meeting you soon!
The OSC Team.
600€ for the 5 half days online training course, including the Highfield certification and HPass Badge at the end of the training. Discount applies for National NGO.
How to register
Please contact us via email at email@example.com for quotes.
You can register and book online via our website https://othersolutions.net/training/open-sessions/ .
Feel free to also have a look at our other online training upcoming.
French online PFST training:
- on the 14th, 17th, 18th, 20th & 21st of May (afternoon sessions)