This six-week online course brings together tried and tested techniques to design relevant Real-Time Monitoring systems for adaptive projects and programmes. By learning how data and information can help make evidence based decisions, staff will have the enthusiasm to gather, analyse and use information in their projects while providing quality ongoing formative evaluation for organisation policy makers. Alongside innovative, flexible methods for tracking real-time progress, we show you how to analyse and present data to efficiently manage output progress and the higher outcomes. Both qualitative and quantitative methods will be explored and their powerful combination utilised.
It is essential that participants have knowledge of current M&E practice. A functional knowledge of basic spreadsheet use (e.g. MS Excel) would also be useful, you will be working in groups, improving your own project monitoring systems and sharing with your group and tutors.
You will learn:
Open exploration using cognitive mapping
Strong and agile project theory
A move to ongoing, formative evaluation
Use of comparative monitoring in real-time (RTM) at all levels of the results chain
Internal reviews (ALEX) for qualitative learning
Design and control of systems at project levels; reflection and guidance from headquarters
IMA International facilitators will guide and mentor your learning process, providing you with:
- Practical exercises and reflection activities
- 5 guided 90-minute group webinars (recordings made available) & a 1 to 1 session with your facilitator
- Peer-based group work
- Presentations and video inputs
- Written resources and links
- Relevant case studies
- User-friendly platform for accessing all materials, presentations and resources, sharing with your peer group and uploading your regular assignments to a dedicated portfolio
- Scheduled access to mentors
- Personalised mentoring session within 3 months after the course
For the course starting on the 12th July the provisional webinar dates are the 16th, 23rd and 30th July and the 6th and 20th August all at 12pm (BST).
£1250 This covers all access to the online training materials, guided webinars, post course support and a certificate of completion
How to register
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information