The 2030 Agenda requires the role of evaluation to be transformative, to overcome the root causes of inequality and discrimination through sustainable development, and to address the interconnection of systems operating in social structures. In this context and as part of the UN reform, evaluation managers play a key role leading teams, ensuring quality and useful evaluations, promoting change and ultimately strengthening capacities to deliver effective, equitable and sustainable interventions.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
· Articulate relevant aspects of the evaluation logic and its process (criteria, standards, measures, synthesis).
· Understand the different steps and key milestones in planning and managing an evaluation
· Identify key aspects of effective evaluation designs and main research methods for evaluation
· Describe relevant elements of evaluation policies, strategic planning, QA systems and follow up of evaluation recommendations.
It is a self-paced learning path delivered entirely online. Participants can start at any time and complete modules and activities at their own pace.
The E-learning path on Evaluation Management offers:
· A micro-learning experience characterized by small knowledge units (modules and micro-lessons) where participants consolidate and reflect on learnings through the creation of micro-content (multimodal forum replies, etc.).
· Scenario-based learning exposing participants to unique real-life challenges and tasks of UN managers
· Consolidation of takeaways through reflective practices and social learning to facilitate information exchange and peer-to-peer learning
· Unlimited access to all modules for 6 months from the date of enrolment.
· Large collection of relevant tools, readings, guidelines and examples, that complement the concepts and theories explained.
Participants will be granted unlimited access to the learning path for 6 months from the date of enrolment. UNSSC dedicated e-learning platform tracks completion of individual modules. A final certificate will be given to participants completing all modules in the learning path.
Each module is estimated to require approximately three hours of study time to complete at your own pace.
The E-Learning Path on Evaluation Management includes the following modules:
· Fundamentals of evaluation
· Setting the scope of the evaluation
· Evaluation planning and management
· Evaluation design and research methods
· Evaluation management tools
The programme is delivered through UNSSC's e-learning platform.
UN officials at all levels with limited prior knowledge and/or experience in evaluation, at headquarters and or in the field, that want to get a comprehensive overview of key aspects in evaluation management.
USD 1,000. It covers: Access to the E-self paced content, multimodal forum replies, reflective materials, and a large collection of relevant tools, readings and guidelines.
How to register
Interested applicants should sign up directly through the UNSSC web page:
Contact details: email@example.com