For 20 years, the intensive, four-week training of the International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance (IDHA), designed for mid-career professionals, has welcomed thousands of humanitarian workers in cities around the world – from Kathmandu to Amman, New York to Geneva. During the IDHA, held at Fordham University's Lincoln Center Campus, students will:
- Receive lectures from world-renowned humanitarian experts
- Join a cohort of field-experienced humanitarians
- Engage in collaborative learning opportunities through presentations, debates, case studies, practical exercises, and scenarios
- Synthesize knowledge from a full range of disciplines involved in humanitarian response, including, management, logistics, health, psychology, social sciences, anthropology, communication, agriculture, environment, education, conflict resolution, international law, civil/military relations, security, media, politics, and economics
- Develop a holistic perspective on global humanitarian issues to propel them to the next level in their careers
Graduates of the International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance will gain:
- Extensive insight to the needs of people affected by conflict, disaster, and displacement
- Skills in facilitating cooperation and dialogue between international, governmental, and nongovernmental agencies
- Awareness and understanding essential for effective service in emergency and protracted humanitarian crises
- Opportunities to collaborate and network with colleagues working for diverse range of international, governmental, and nongovernmental humanitarian agencies
Tools to evaluate interventions and identify examples of good practice; and methods for anticipating and preventing humanitarian crises
Learn more about the IDHA program, career opportunities, alumni, and daily schedule here: https://issuu.com/iiha/docs/international_diploma_in_humanitarian_assist...
Course cost of U.S. $6,000 includes tuition, course materials, lodging, and weekday meals. Transportation costs are not included.
How to register
To apply to the International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance (IDHA):
Select "Institute of International Humanitarian Affairs"
Select International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance
Select and IDHA Session
Course Application and Registration Inquiries
International Programs Officer, Institute of International Humanitarian Affairs (IIHA), Fordham University