The course programme introduces good practices in mainstreaming disability rights for Swisshumanitarian stakeholders. It offers entry points to integrate inclusion into the course participants' projects and programmes. The training consists of three parts:
• An introductory two-hour webinar for an overview of issues and concepts
• A two-day highly participatory distance learning course
• Two hours of personalised post-course coaching
CBM and Handicap International Switzerland have jointly developed and are organising this training programme on inclusive humanitarian action. It is supported by Swiss Solidarity for its partners in Switzerland.
2. Who should attend
This course is intended for humanitarian practitioners working on organisational, programme or project-level level.
To facilitate the implementation, it is recommended that two persons from each organisation participate in this course programme. For best learning, the maximum number of participants is 16 persons per course.
- Participants understand the different concepts and definitions of disability and what “nothing about us, without us" means, the legal framework and obligations regarding disability in inclusive humanitarian action.
- Participants know current approaches to disability-inclusive humanitarian action and the (legal) framework.
- Participants obtain an overview of good practices of inclusion in different humanitarian sectors by CBM and HI.
Workshop objectives (based on needs assessment)
- Identification and discussion of entry points for disability mainstreaming in participants programme/project documents.
- How to reflect inclusive programming in a logframe planning tool.
- Participants elaborate action plans for their programmes and projects during the course and identify individual needs and possible next steps with the trainer(s).
- Participants obtain a set of digital resources and tools for practical use.
Personalised post-course coaching
Each participant avails of a credit of 2 hours of post-course coaching by the trainers to
facilitate the implementation of the action plans and to be able to respond to questions.
Swiss Francs CHF 900 until 20 October, afterwards CHF 990. The course fees covers all costs: the webinar, the two-day course and the individual post-course coaching.
How to register
For registration, please contact us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.