The conflict series is an open, self-paced course meant to provide an introduction to conflict studies and more advanced courses in conflictology.
The third and final chapter of the conflict series, this course explores how to bring conflicts to peace. The goal of this chapter is to give the learner a basic understanding of theories about conflict resolution, and a set of methods to accomplish this.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Illustrate the four main theories of transition from conflict to peace;
- Describe the three main methods used for addressing violent conflict: negotiation, mediation and humanitarian negotiation.
Content and Structure
- Section 1: From conflict to peace
- Section 2: Theories of transition from conflict to peace
- Section 3: Conflict Negotiation
- Section 4: Conflict MediationSection 5: Humanitarian Negotiation
- Section 6: UN Conflict Resolution
The average work time is estimated at 2 hours.
Primary audience: The course is designed for anyone who has an interest and curiosity in conflict studies.
Secondary audience: The course is geared towards anyone who wishes to garner a baggage of basic knowledge to then pursue more advanced courses in conflictology, notably UNITAR’s Master Degree in Conflictology