REPORTING SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL WRITING TRAINING: 5 - 9 OCTOBER 2020
REPORTS THAT LEAD TO ACTION
DAILY ZOOM MEETINGS & OFFLINE STUDY
MAXIMUM 10 PARTICIPANTS
This practical course will teach you how to create reports that lead to action and support good project decision-making. You will learn a process for reporting that will reduce wasted time and deadline stressand lead to writing that has greater impact.
Through a combination of coached, live sessions on Zoom and self-study (downloadable course videos, worksheets and extra materials) you will learn how to:
- Set reporting objectives and select the most appropriate data collection methods
- Analyse data and draw conclusions / identify lessons learned
- Plan your writing around the report objectives and reader's needs
- Organise your ideas in a logical, persuasive way
- Communicate clearly and in a way that keeps your readers interested and alert
The course addresses the challenges faced by development professionals in reporting and professional writing in a way that allows for maximum practical work. While you will get all the theory you need, you will learn the steps and tools in a way that you can apply time after time after the course is over so that:
- You will always know what to do each time you report
- Your reports will be actionable - contributing to better managed, more responsive projects and better results
- Your reports will take less time and be of higher quality
HOW IT WORKS
LIVE SESSIONS & OFF-LINE STUDY
This is combination of daily live video sessions conducted using ZOOM and off-line self study.
As soon as you sign up you get immediate, lifetime access to all the course materials - downloadable course videos, worksheets and extra materials. Each day, for 5 consecutive days, we meet live at 09:00 UTC (see current UTC time here) for around 60 minutes to review / preview and deal with questions. Each day you are given tasks (videos and exercises) to complete before the next session.
PERSONAL WORK REVIEW
Also included is a Personal Work Review. In the week following the course you can send your own report for personal, one-to-one feedback from the instructor.
After the course is completed you will be issued your certificate.
"The course was engaging and relevant. Neil was able to deliver the course in a manner that was simple and easy to understand."
- Yvonne Manase, Public Health Cosultant, Zimbabwe
"I've learnt what I needed. I have a better understanding of the principles of professional writing and the writing process. I have been able to apply the learned skills to my writing and I appreciate the change. If I had had it earlier, I would have written better reports!"
- Florence Naluyinda-Kitabire, Public Health Consultant, Uganda
"I've never experienced a course like ELD before. It's amazing, effective and enhanced my English writing."
- Nazrul Islam, District Facilitator, UNDP Bangladesh
"I have started to apply the skills I gained from the online training almost immediately. I found the course to be highly relevant and eye-opening. I would recommend the course to anyone who has to prepare written reports in their work."
- Haifa Naeem, Consultant, Anti-Corruption Commission, Maldives
COMBINES FACE-TO-FACE SESSIONS WITH FLEXIBLE OFF-LINE STUDY
NO TRAVEL COSTS
LIFETIME ACCESS TO ALL TRAINING MATERIALS AND VIDEOS
PERSONAL WORK REVIEW
REGISTRATION FEE - $USD 500.00
A 5-DAY ZOOM-GUIDED TRAINING COURSE - A COMBINATION OF LIVE WEBINARS, PRE-RECORDED HIGH QUALITY VIDEOS & EXERCISES - LIFETIME ACCESS TO ALL MATERIALS - CERTIFICATE - PERSONAL FEEDBACK SESSION
How to register
To see the complete training curriculum and register for this course please visit: