Certificate of Advanced Studies in Lean Six Sigma and Process Management for Humanitarians
CAS in LEAN SIX SIGMA AND PROCESS MANAGEMENT FOR HUMANITARIANS
Make an immediate impact in your organization with the globally recognized Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, the performance improving method that systematically removes process defects and waste.
• Humanitarian Action
• Process Management
• Lean Six Sigma
• Logistics Procedures and Compliance
• Logistics Set-up and Design
• Quality Management
• Inventory Management Quality Control
Upon successful completion of this CAS you will be able to:
• Apply, define, and describe the concepts, tools, and tech- niques fundamental to Process Management using Lean Six Sigma, including the DMAIC methodology
• Analyze complex processes using suitable process anal- ysis techniques and make sound recommendations for improving processes
• Evaluate performance measures in humanitarian logistics processes in terms of cost, quality, speed, service, and flexibility
• Understand basic concepts of humanitarian action and its relations with international development cooperation, including developments and trends in the world society, and their humanitarian consequences
• Analyze the international response to humanitarian crises and the architecture of humanitarian action including an overview and typology of actors
USI Università della Svizzera italiana is one of 12 universities under the Swiss university system, coordinated by the Rectors’ Conference of the Swiss Universities (swissuniversitites). swissuniversities represents all 12 Swiss universities and maintains relationships with other accredited universities outside Switzerland. As a recognized university that is part of the public system, the degree-granting body of the Master of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Logistics and Management is USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis until all places are filled. Students requiring a visa for Switzerland are strongly urged to apply as early as possible. The visa process can take up to 3 months.
Forms and information can be found at: