Security Management for Humanitarians (Amman)
About the course:
Given the insecure and often rapidly changing environments in which humanitarian’s work, safety and security management is of the utmost importance.
This 3-day intensive course will enable participants to identify the key requirements for managing security in complex emergencies and conflict zones by practicing essential techniques in risk management, security assessment, and crisis response. The course draws on field case studies, the current humanitarian environment, and the security management practices used by humanitarian bodies internationally.
What does the course cover?
- Environment scanning
- Threat, vulnerability, and risk assessment
- Application of risk standards and models
- Incident response, analysis, reporting, and information management
- Security strategies, policy, and planning
- Skills and resources required to implement a security plan
- Crisis management
- Operational continuity
- Team management through security programming
- Psycho-social support
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of key security management skills and their use in relation to setting and achieving programme goals when managing humanitarian emergencies
- Work effectively in reviewing and enhancing security management practice and procedures in the field
- Evaluate personal performance and that of others in relation to security in emergencies
- Communicate effectively to different audiences in the field of humanitarian practice using appropriate media
- Registration is from 8.45 am in the first day. Training each day will run from 9 am and conclude at 5.45 pm.
- From the second day, each training day begins with a review of the topics covered the previous day to ensure that the concepts, tools, and frameworks are fully understood. Each day ends with a period of reflection, evaluation, and questions.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at security managers, field programme managers, or HQ staff with responsibility for security or risk management. It is also appropriate for staff with a strategic /organization responsibility for security or those preparing for deployment to insecure areas.
What's the refund policy?
- For bookings cancelled ten or more working days* before a course, applicants will be liable to pay 25% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 75% of the course fee OR 90% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled one to nine working days* before a course begins, applicants will be liable to pay 75% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 25% of the course fee OR 100% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before a course, or after a course has started, no refund or transfer of value will be provided.
- If the applicant chooses to transfer to another course and then cancels their booking a second time, neither a further transfer of value nor a refund will be offered.
- Please note that we are only able to cover our local bank charges and not the recipient’s bank charges when we make refunds.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days.
(*During Jordan normal working days, Sunday-Thursday and working hours 9am-5pm).
Please kindly register here.