In this 1-hour course, you will learn important information to help you stay safe while traveling, living, or working in a new location. Managing risk is necessary wherever you are. This course provides guidance on how to create your own personal safety and security plan to help improve your security awareness and to make informed decisions to reduce and manage risks at your destination. The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation designed this course in collaboration with O’Neill Paragon Solutions for staff and teams traveling to and working in high-risk areas. Throughout this course, you will read through realistic scenarios and answer questions to assess whether you know the best ways to reduce your personal security risk. Each scenario will gauge your security risk using a ‘risk meter’ and then teach you safety tips to reduce your risk at the airport, in a hotel, during an emergency or fire, while traveling by bus, car, taxi, or train, and staying in public.
- Define the elements of personal safety and security.
- Improve your security awareness.
- Prepare your own personal safety and security plan.
- Identify key information to learn about your destination.
- Describe safety tips for staying in a hotel, escaping an emergency or fire, traveling by bus, car, taxi, or train, approaching checkpoints, and handling potentially dangerous situations in public.
How to register
Introduction to Travel Safety and Personal Security is one of over 1,000 free online learning resources in DisasterReady.org. Create your free account and get started today.