Fighting Fraud in NGOs
This course builds the skills and confidence of NGO managers and staff to prevent, detect and respond to fraud, making sure the organization’s resources get to where they are most needed.
Target audience: This course is designed for NGO staff whose job is to proactively manage the risk of fraud in their organizations, such as:
- Senior managers of national NGOs, such as Program Operations and Finance Managers
- Staff in international NGOs who work with local partners, such as Desk Officers and Program ManagersThe course is most relevant to NGOs with more than 12-15 staff or an annual budget greater than USD 350,000. It may also be of interest to NGO internal auditors.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain what fraud is, and is not, and why people commit fraud
- Assess fraud risk in your programs, and develop controls to respond to the risks
- Detect fraud should it occur, including setting up a ‘speaking up’ hotline
- Set up and provide guidance for a Fraud Response Team
- Effectively manage incidences of fraud or allegations of fraud, taking actions which are appropriate, fair and firm
- Appreciate the benefits of fighting fraud, and being open with donors and staff if fraud happens
Our training puts the learner at the center, using practical and fun learning activities supported by easy-to-use materials. We share tools and techniques that can be immediately used in your work.