PMD Pro 1: The Essentials for Project Management
About the Course
This course is for anyone who leads, manages, supports or aspires to work on a humanitarian or development project. During this three-day workshop, you will learn and practice how to design, plan, manage. deliver and close your projects on time, on budget and on scope. The course will deal with both the theoretical and practical information needed to have a better understanding of project management in the humanitarian field. It will allow for participants to gain a well-rounded knowledge about the project lifecycle and better prepare, manage and conclude projects.
This is a very intensive and participatory course and at the end of it, you will be ready to do the PMD Pro 1 certification and join a community of over 25k practitioners in 165 countries.
By the end of the course, participants will be equipped with the knowledge to:
- Design a project intervention
- Decide what is in/out of scope
- Analyze project risks and plan your response
- Understand project governance structures
- Plan your projects and develop realistic schedules
- Manage variance to schedules and budgets
- Develop project controls
- Control issues and changes
- Monitor and evaluate
- Close your project successfully
The overall objectives of the course are to build a strong foundation for better project management to be applied in participants respective work environment and daily knowledge about project management. In the long-term, it will equip trainees with the capacity and capacity to effectively manage their own project management skills, as well as manage the staff they are responsible for coordinating and overseeing during the lifecycle of a project in the humanitarian and development field.
The intended audience for this course is people who are proficient in English and working in the follow roles/capacities:
- People who are new to project management. This course will give you what you need to start. You will become familiar with the tools, frameworks and language needed.
- Experienced professionals. You will have a chance to ‘go deep’ and apply the tools of project management to a selection of projects and decide how best to apply them to your own work.
- Support staff: This will help you understand how projects work as well as a better understanding of how and when to add even more value to your organizations’ projects.
You will be at the center of a very participatory learning experience. You will have fun, learn how to manage projects and practice using tools, you will be able to apply immediately.
About the Trainer
A dedicated professional with extensive international NGO management experience. Helped develop PMDPro and Program DPro. Vice Chair of PM4NGOs. MBA, MA qualified and Prince 2 Practitioner. He has worked in over 40 countries and is fluent in Spanish and French. John is passionate about the ability of effective and efficient project management to help make the world a better place and he actively looks to collaborate with anyone, who share these goals. Specialties: programme management, project management, programme development, distance management, emergency response, advocacy, coaching, training, learning, mentoring.
Applicants can register for the course at this link.
For more information on the course, please see our website at: https://trustconsultancy.org/portfolio-item/pmd-pro-1-the-essentials-for...