Public Service Integrity Building Innovations
This course will examine current social, financial and legal anti-corruption incentives and mechanisms and practically examine the potential role of behavioral and institutional economics in promoting positive deviance, social and non-legal, non-financial rewards and punishment such as social sanctions and public recognition and mention. You will enrich your knowledge and tools through state of the art guidelines, best practice examples and interactive experience based exercises on enforcing legal measures, conflict of interest management, public procurement ethical dilemmas, the role of public-private partnerships and international cooperation windows.
What you will learn – the key topics
- The many faces of Corruption, its causes, costs and consequences on society
- Political, grand, petty and quiet corruption and potential reform measures
- Corruption and its correlation with democracy and freedom of the press
- Gender perspectives on corruption and its effects on access to social services
- Common red flags in the infrastructure sector and potential preventive measures
- Corruption hotspots in procurement, detection and preventive measures
- Dealing with Corruption in decentralization and provincial governments
- Common corruption red flags in immigration and passport control
- Integrity and corruption hotspots in tax administration and revenue collection
Whether you work in a fundraising or partnership role in a development organization, donor agency, government department or regional and international organisations such as the African Union, EAC, COMESA, SADC, those working in political arena, institutions of higher learning and research, and media and NGO sector professionals will find this course very insightful.
How to Register
To apply for this program please click this Online Form
Get your Discounts
Sign up for any program at least one month before the program commences and get your 10% discount.
Sponsor 6 people to enroll in one program and get free tuition covered for 1 person.